Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thoughts for Tuesday

Certain smells in life just ring my bell....fresh brewed coffee, oven warm homemade bread, baking vanilla in the kitchen (which usually means something good in the making), certain after shaves (Old Spice comes to mind) and the wonderful smell of my Mother's antique roses! These are only a few of my favorites, along with freshly cut wood and new Christmas trees. You get the idea, I'm sure.
The only reason I bring this up is that nearly all my favorite smells seem to show up every November and linger long enough to help get me through the hustle and bustle of this busy season. It's sort of like having vitamins for your soul! A lot of help arrives later in the month with the sounds of long unheard music and even my poor old neighborhood seems to look a little better with the addition of twinkling lights and decorations that start showing up in abundance the day after Thanksgiving
Sitting on the patio with a fresh cup, watching the hustle of the squirrels in the yard and the never-ending traffic at the bird feeder can almost...almost...bring a smile to even this self proclaimed Hermit and grouchy Old Man! May be help for me after all!

No comments: