Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Some Humorous Quotes...!

It's been a while since I've done a post featuring featuring humorous quotes from famous people, so I figured this would be a great time!

A stockbroker urged me to buy a stock that would triple its value every year. I told him, 'At my age, I don't even buy green bananas.'
Claude Pepper

I don't need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder to do that for me.
Stephen Fry

My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.
Billy Connolly

Older people shouldn't eat health food, they need all the preservatives they can get.
Robert Orben

We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight.
Milton Berle

If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners.
Johnny Carson

I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they now do.
Will Rogers

He looked about as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angel food.
Raymond Chandler

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
Yogi Berra

There! I hope you enjoyed these bits of humor. Some I even laughed at.

Coffee out on the patio this morning!

6 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Good ones, Mr. Hermit - Gotta love Yogi!

linda m said...

Quite a few got a big chuckle out of me. Thanks for the laughs; I needed that.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
Glad yo liked them!
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Linda...
We all need some smiles from time to time!
Thanks for coming over this morning!

JO said...

These are fun, good way to start the morning.
See yuo on the patio

Dizzy-Dick said...

Loved them, now I have a big smile on my face. I have always got a kick out Yogi quotes and my Father-in-law always said he was too old to buy green bananas. Oh yes, I think of the Lone Ranger when I hear the William Tell Overture.

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I couldn't agree with you more!
Thanks for dropping by today, sweetie!


Hey Dizzy...
Many of us that listened to the radio back in the day think of the Lone Ranger when we hear the William Tell overture!
Thanks for the visit this morning!