Sunday, March 11, 2018

Thoughts For A Sunday...!

Today I want to bring up something I feel we ought to know more about. Our negative feelings and how to put them to good use.

Sad, angry, jealous, and guilty feelings can make you a healthier person. Figuring out the reason for your negative emotions and learning from unpleasant experiences makes you stronger, and that success can bring happiness- but when you suppress and ignore negative emotions, you eliminate the balance of good and bad. Because the contrast of feeling sad is what makes feeling happy so wonderful, happiness wouldn’t really exist if you’d never truly embraced your sadness. Source Source 2 Source 3

As usual, if you want to understand more about this, follow the links in red.

Coffee out on the patio again this morning.

4 comments:

Mamahen said...

Thee link wouldn't open for me, but I guess I've had enough sadness to balance any happiness in my life.

Sixbears said...

Only if you learn from those feelings. I suppose taking a pill to make the feelings go away doesn't allow you to grow at all.

JO said...

Only we can truly make ourselves happy. We will always feel some sadness or hurts by another but keeping it there in your heart will destroy you, store it for a little while then let it go and move on do something that makes you happy.

Balmy 60 this morning may get some rain.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Glad that you found a good balance, my friend.
Thanks for stopping in today!


Hey Sixbears...
Being able to learn from our own past is an important step, I believe. I don't believe that pills will help, really.
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Jo...
Not bottling it up is the secret, like you said. Gotta let it go.
Thanks for te visit this morning!