Saturday, April 20, 2019

Want Some Really Strong Coffee...?

Now here is an interesting find for your consideration. There is a coffee out there called "Black Insomnia" and it is supposed to be the strongest coffee in the world. Maybe you would like to try some.



Black Insomnia is the world’s strongest coffee. Doctors discourage consuming more than 400mg of caffeine in a day, which is equal to about 4 cups of regular coffee, 10 cans of soda, or 2 ‘energy shot’ drinks- but drinking a cup of Black Insomnia would give you almost double that amount, because just one 12oz serving has 702mg of caffeine.

Now while I do like some strong coffee, I think I'll stick to Folgers. I have a feeling this brand might be just a tad too much for me, know what I mean?

Coffee out on the patio again this morning!

9 comments:

Mamahen said...

WOW! Why would anyone drink that? That sounds like death in a cup to me.

Momlady said...

I don't need that much caffeine. Right now I'm drinking Black Rifle and, by so doing, hopefully supporting some vets.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
It certainly sounds lethal, that's for sure.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Momlady...
Interesting! I haven't heard of that brand. I'll be on the lookout for it though.
Thanks for coming over today!

Rob said...

I never thought about the caffeine in my cup of coffee, so I took a look!
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/bustelo-coffee

112mg/8oz cup, my morning cup holds 16oz so I usually have around 225mg every morning.

All kinds of interesting reading on coffee & it's caffeine.

HermitJim said...

Hey Rob...
Thank you for the useful link. Interesting stuff, for sure.
Many thanks for stopping by today!

JO said...

I'll skip that stuff thank you. Momlady I have heard of the Black Rifle but the price was a bit high for a coffee I never tried before. Sure would like to know what you think of it.

See you all on the patio, and wishing everyone a great and safe Easter.

Mamahen said...

I forgot to wish you a Blessed Easter:))

Dizzy-Dick said...

I have never seen that for sale. Since I like my coffee quadruple extra strong (I put four heaping scoops of coffee per 12 oz. cup) I may just like that stuff.

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I wouldn't mind trying some of the Black Rifle, but think I'll pass on the other.
Thanks, dear, for dropping by and for the Easter wishes.


Hey Dizzy...
I thought you might be interested in this one, buddy. I know you like your coffee very strong.
Thanks for the visit today!