Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Got Good News...And Bad News !!

The bad news first!! Baby Sis did come over yesterday and we had a nice visit...BUT, she didn't bring cookies. However, the good news is that she did bring some really good blueberry muffins that went great with fresh coffee!

We went through a lot of old photographs and stirred up a lot of memories. Mom and Baby Sis made a lot of copies of photographs, exchanged information about the Family Tree, and all in all it was a good day! I didn't do a lot of work on the PC until after Baby Sis left and to tell you the truth, I enjoyed the time away from the Internet for a change.

Now don't get me wrong...I love the Internet and all my cyber-friends! I love all the things I've learned and all the wonderful folks I've met since I got my first PC about 10 years ago. However, there are times that I really find I'm spending way too much time on the web. Like most people that are really fond of information and chatting with friends and learning new things... I tend to overdo!

But that's alright. That's how you learn, that's how you expand your horizons, that's how you meet new people with the same interest, that's how you find ways to make a little extra money. You just have to love a hobby that's both fun and profitable at the same time!

I want to say a special "Thank You !" to the folks that take time out of their busy day to drop by here and take the time to read whatever is offered. The comments are appreciated more than you know. I feel that many times the comments are more entertaining than the blog itself. Even Baby Sis said today that she enjoyed reading the comments almost as much as the rest!

Anyway, please accept my thanks for being a reader! Now, how about some fresh coffee? I'll even throw in a blueberry muffin!!

7 comments:

blondie said...

And MORE Good News is ...
Your website value is going UP!
Good to know eh?

I'll take that muffin and coffee now. Had a hard time last night so my tummy is pretty dang empty :(

You're a good host and a good friend!
Thanks :)
blondie

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...sorry to hear that you had a hard time yesterday, but these muffins would fix ya right up! I appreciate the comment about the value of the blog...pretty cool, huh?

If you think I'm a good host, wait till there's only one muffin and we both want it! That's the test of a good host...if he gives it away, takes it for his own, or shares it! I'm hoping I'd share!!

See ya
Jim

Cat Melton said...

Somehow, Jim, I think the 'gentleman' in you would win out and you'd at the very least share that last muffin. More likely, your guest would get that last muffin...and you know, then you'd have an excuse to have your sis back over to bring more...lol.

My attention was caught by your mentioning work on the Family Tree. I think it's SO important to get it all gathered and saved for the generations to come. And the stories that accompany the records are, in my opinion, just as important because they give you some insight into what kind of people you come from.

Okay, (stepping down off soap box) I think I'll go take a nap, since I had to go into work at 5 am.

Have a Happy Day,
Cat

HermitJim said...

hey Cat...thanks for stopping by! Yeah, Mom has been working on the family tree for a while now and has got information for a LONG way back. We have a lot of family pictures as well. Guess my kin has always been big on family pics...

I have one of my Dad from about 1925 or 26 with his trike! Wow...

See ya!

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Well when a place offers as much good coffee as yours does its makes it hard to not drop by and take pleasure in it.

I noticed your web site value go up to, way to go! I put an art site (bit like a myspace for artists and wannabes) my daughter has into it the other night out of curiosity and hers was valued at $293.00. She thought she was pretty good after that especially as its greater value than mine (and didnt she enjoy rubbing that in as Im the supposedly the geek in the family) lol.

And thank you for spending the time to share with us your coffee knowledge, wisdom or otherwise to help keep us other net-addicts brain-fed

HermitJim said...

Hey Missi...thanks for dropping by. Yeah, the kids like to rub it in with the old folks when they get the best of us, don't they? Good for them to have something to keep them excited about as far as the modern world goes...something worthwhile, that is!

I appreciate the comments...
Jim

Anonymous said...

What I had written was that I had found out how to get to your blog, and I thought how to comment on it, Shows what I get for thinking! Anyhow, I said I like your blogs - now if I could find me some about sewing or this "old stuff" it would be nice. Thought yesterday went well -yesterday went well - we should do this more often!