I figured that we could start the week with some fun facts that you may not know!
Learning something new every day should be fun, but it can help the ol' grey matter stay in shape as well! Think of this as exercise for your brain, which is nothing more than a muscle, ya know?
1. Dracula is the most filmed story of all time. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde comes second and Oliver Twist comes third.
2. Donald Duck has a sister called Dumbella.
3. Coca Cola has a pH of 2.8.
4. Al Capone’s older brother was a policeman in Nebraska.
5. Henry Ford never had a driver’s license.
6. The original name of Pacman was going to be Puck Man until the developers saw the obvious potential for parody.
7. Frank Baum got the name Oz in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ from his alphabetized filing cabinet (O-Z).
8. The Buzz generated by an electric razor in Britain is in the key of G. In America it is in the key of B flat.
9. More than half the world’s population have never made or received a telephone call.
10. Eskimos never gamble.
11. The Snickers bar was named after a horse the Mars family owned.
12. Tomato Ketchup was once sold as medicine
13. George W. Bush was the 17th US state governor to become president.
14. Buenos Aires has more psychoanalysts, per head, than any other place in the world
15. Oscars given out during World War 2 were made of wood, because metal was in short supply.
16. 75 percent of Japanese women own vibrators. The global average is 47 percent.
17. The Christmas holidays are the busiest times in plastic surgeons offices.
18. There has never been a sex-change operation performed in Ireland.
19. In China, the bride wears red.
20. Mexico City has more taxis than any other city in the world.
21. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
22. President Andrew Jackson once killed a man in a duel because he insulted his wife.
23. The first ice pop dates back to 1923, when lemonade salesman Frank Epperson left a glass of lemonade outside one cold night. The next morning, the ice pop was born – and originally called the epsicle ice pop.
24. Nobody knows were Mozart is buried.
25. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
Just think! You can spout off some of these wild facts at your next party...ya know, in case it gets really boring!
Coffee out on the patio this morning. Too nice to stay inside if we don't have to!