Thursday, April 26, 2012

These Folks Really Need This Class...!

As most of us know, there are some folks that need help...a LOT of help!

I figure there must be a whole lot more to this story. There is probably a very good explanation for this happening, and I would really like to hear the whole story. After all, I don't want to wrongly accuse someone of being stupid or ignorant, ya know?

Virginia Man Accidentally Shoots Himself, Wife During Gun Safety Class

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) — A Roanoke man and his wife are recovering after he accidentally shot himself and her during a firearms safety class.

The Bedford County Sheriff’s Office tells media outlets that Michael L. Deel shot himself in the hand with a .45-caliber handgun. The bullet also struck his wife, Michelle, in the leg as she was sitting beside him.

The incident occurred Saturday during a firearms safety class at a residence. The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police that he had left the room and then heard a shot.

The Deels were taken to a local hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Michael Deel says the shooting was a “stupid accident.”


See, folks...this is the main reason there are Firearms Safety Classes! Some of us need the class more than others!

Coffee out on the patio this beautiful morning! Fresh tomatoes right off the vine over there, but save me one...OK?

12 comments:

Rob said...

My biggest fear about owning a gun. That I would hurt myself or family BEFORE I could use it to protect my family.

BBC said...

A firearms safety class at a residence???

And then there was the dingbat in Florida that shot his girl friend because he thought she was a hog. LOL

My guns are always loaded, do not play with my guns.

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh!
Vine tomatoes with a sprinkling of salt -- yum!

Ben in Texas said...

First thing that guy needs to learn is GUN CONTROL!
Simply control your gun so that you hit what you are aiming at!!

linda m said...

So why do you have a loaded gun at a safety class? If you're going to practice make sure it is unloaded or use blanks. DUH. First thing my gun safety instructor did was show us how to make sure the gun is not loaded. Thanks I really need a good laugh Fresh tomatoes sound divine.

johnnyb said...

A lot of scary people out there with guns.

JO said...

I have the same questions, why was the gun loaded in the first place and why didn't the instructor check all the guns at the class first thing?

But it sure made me chuckle.

I would love some coffee and a tomato off the vine.

Dizzy-Dick said...

All guns should be handled as if they were loaded. First rule in handling guns of any kind. Of course mine are always loaded.

TROUBLEnTX said...

Agree with DD, unloaded guns nearly killed one of us, twice.
Mine stays loaded too.

Bob Mc said...

All guns are loaded, always! Treat them as such.

Anonymous said...

Biblical Solutions for the Worlds Problems. http://theunchartedforest.blogspot.com/
Keeping a Watchful Eye on the American Politburo. http://americancommissars.blogspot.com/

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And to think that this guy is living in the same state as we are now, but thankfully NOT around these parts, but in the "other" Virginia. But Forrest GUmp said it better "stupid is as stupid does" or something to that effect.