In 2012, Edward Archbold, 32, wanted a python very badly. The owner of the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Florida was giving one away in a contest to the lucky contestant who could eat the most cockroaches. As it was a reptile store, we’re assuming they had a surplus.
Edward was winning against the 30 other competitors when something went terribly wrong. It seems he simply tried to stuff too many live cockroaches down his throat at once.
Before anyone could administer aid, Edward asphyxiated on them. While the store’s owner obviously felt terrible, all contestants had previously signed a waiver “accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest.”
I have to wonder if the man in this story was unbalanced or something. I mean he wants a big snake, so he enters a contest eating bugs? What's wrong with folks like this? It's a crazy world out there, ya know?
Coffee out on the patio this morning.