Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Let's Talk About Physics...!

Nature certainly does a few things in Her own way, and sometimes we just don't know why. She is a smart ol' gal, it seems. Here from Listverse is a good example for ya.

Heat Induced Freezing



Water is the most important liquid on Earth. It’s is also one of the most mysterious and counterintuitive compounds in nature. One of water’s lesser know properties, for example, is that hot water freezes faster than cold water. It is not fully understood why, but the phenomenon, known as the Mpemba effect, was originally discovered by Aristotle over 3,000 years ago. The mysterious effect has been attributed to a range of phenomena, but it remains a mystery.

See what I mean? Just one more of Mother Nature's secrets, I reckon.

Coffee out on the patio before it gets too hot.

6 comments:

linda m said...

That is so weird; I didn't know that. Maybe I should put jugs filled with hot water in my freezer to help lower the temperature instead of cold water jugs. Going to be a hot one here today also.

Rob said...

I'd "heard" that the molecules were already in motion in warm water.

JO said...

I heard this many, many years ago but don't do it since I won't drink unfiltered water.

Yes patio time before the heat hits looking at 102 today but 107 by Saturday.

HermitJim said...

Hey Linda...
It started raining overnight, so we will have to move inside...sorry.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hey Rob...
Makes sense to me, but what do I know?
Thanks for coming over this morning.

Hey Jo...
Sounds like Summer is actually there. WOW!
Thanks, dear, for dropping in today!

Mamahen said...

I had heard that before, but never really tested the theory...Had storms last night, it a nice day today.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Kinda hard to test, I reckon.
Thanks for stopping by today!