Tuesday, June 11, 2019

So That's The Problem...!

I probably have posted this one before, but I don't remember for sure. Anyway, even if I did, I am using it again...just because I think it's cool!

The physical act of passing through a doorway is the reason why you often walk into a room and completely forget what you were doing. Because going through a door signifies the beginning or end of something, this creates an ‘event boundary’ within your mind. Basically, every time you walk through a doorway, your brain starts filing away thoughts from your previous location to make room for a new group of memories in the next.

Now doesn't that make sense? C'mon...you know it does!

Coffee out on the patio this morning!

11 comments:

bigfoot said...

Sounds logical. Interesting.

linda m said...

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

Mamahen said...

Sounds better than the fact that i'm getting old:))

Momlady said...

People I've mentioned this to like this reason. Thanks for posting it again.

Barney, The Old Fat Man said...

At my memory age, posting a good item about once a year is really necessary. Thanks.

HermitJim said...

Hey Bigfoot...
Seems that way, doesn't it?
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hey Linda...
I thought it might.
Thanks for coming over today!

Hey Mamahen...
Anything is better than thinking that thought.
Thanks for the visit this morning!

Hey Momlady...
Glad that some folks think them same way I do.
Many thanks for coming by today!

Hey Barney...
Afraid I'm in the same boat, my friend.
Thanks so much for the visit this morning!

Sixbears said...

Makes sense. . . now I don't dare leave this room as my memory will be wiped. :)

Rob said...

I'd never heard that before... I like it!

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
Good reason to stay put, I guess!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hey Rob...
Certainly food for thought. Glad you liked it.
Thanks for coming by this morning!

JO said...

I don't remember you posting this before maybe that's because as soon as I read it I left the room. I like this reason very much. Thanks for posting it again. Maybe befor I leave a room I should right the reason on a post it and stick to my shirt.



HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
Making yourself a note could be a very good idea. Hadn't thought about that.
Thanks, dear, for dropping by today!