Friday, August 30, 2019

I Think I've Heard This Song...!

Did you ever stop and think that some of today's music just doesn't sound right? I certainly have. I think we tend to stick with the music that we were familiar with when we were growing up. These guys had a different way to look at it, when they created this monstrosity.

In 1997, two composers created ‘The Most Unwanted Song’ by issuing a public opinion survey and compiling all the lyrical and musical elements that most people found annoying.

It combines a harp, accordion, out-of-tune children singing about Christmas and Walmart, high-pitched flutes, tubas, keyboard demos, someone yelling random political terms through a megaphone, and an operatic soprano rapping over cowboy music, bagpipes, and screams.

It’s 22 minutes long.

If you want to hear this little ditty, you can do so right here.

Coffee in the kitchen this morning.

8 comments:

bigfoot said...

I made it about one minute, before bailing out.

linda m said...

Started listening and immediately bailed. That is awful music. Hey, I can use it to annoy the heck out of someone that is bothering me. Hahaha Have a great and safe weekend.

HermitJim said...

Hey Bigfoot...
I think you did good considering.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hey Linda...
Yeah, it is pretty bad. I didn't last very long.
Thanks for coming over today!

Rob said...

You won me over with the "out-of-tune children", I'd go to great lengths to avoid that!

JO said...

Nope couldn't listen after a second of that!

Mamahen said...

I made 5 minutes lol:))

HermitJim said...

Hey Rob...
Just one of the not-so-pleasant sounds in this recording.
Thanks for the visit today!

Hey Jo...
Doesn't take much of it, right?
Thanks, dear, for dropping by today!

Hey Mamahen...
You are stronger than I am.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!

chipmunk said...

That's pretty bad. It's like being at Chuck-E-Cheese as far as noise. {cringe}