Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Day Of Peace And Quiet..?!


The day after Christmas...and it falls on a Saturday!

I have to admit that I got into the whole celebrating thing more than I have in years! Believe it or not, I had a great deal of fun for a grouchy old man!

However, now the fun part is over...at least, for those of us that must keep watch on all things about us!

As the children get fully acquainted with all the new toys, books, and games...then we must become more focused on the toys of our enemies, the books being doctored by the nefarious accounting persons in the head offices in D.C., and on the very dangerous games being played out by those that would take advantage of our peaceful state of mind and the uncaring nature of our so-called "leaders"!

As we worshiped and remembered the birth of the Prince of Peace...there were those in this world that would once again attempt to work their foul deeds on American soil.

I fear that if the planning and skill of these would be terrorists ever catch up to their desire to spread fear and destruction, then we are in for some terrible times!

We must be vigilant and on constant guard more now than ever before. Look not to the government to be adequate protection. Look not to others to protect hearth and home, but depend upon the tried and true skills and common sense steps we talk about all the time!

We must create our own peace of mind, fortify our own defenses, and guarantee our own time of quiet security!

The time for us to fiercely prepare is upon us in full force...and there is more at stake than we may know!

Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit in the kitchen for a bit! Enjoy the slower pace while it last, for it may not last very long!

11 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I´ve heard about what happened in that plane! Must it never happen again!
Have a continuing good christmas!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

Amen. Enjoy the coffee and glad you had a nice time. You're right, back to business.

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special Friend, Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself yesterday.
Is your e-mail down?

HermitJim said...

Hey Christer...
Unfortunately, terrorists never take a day off! We cannot afford to let down our guard!

Hey Buddy, I sure do appreciate you coming by!


Hey Kris...
How do we explain this to our children? How can we explain the workings of the twisted minds of the evil people in this world?

Never ending struggle, for sure!

Glad you could drop by today!


Hey JoJo...
My favorite sweetie! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Good times at baby sis's house...plenty of food and a real good visit!

I did get your card...and I appreciate it a lot! Too bad we are not close enough to visit in person!

Hey, darlin', thanks for stopping in!

chinasyndrome said...

Dang,Mr Jim i think most of us woke feeling and thinking the same. Maybe being around the ones we love reinforced,the fact we have too much to lose.Stay viglilant.Glad ya had great xmas!

Anonymous said...

Morning Jim;
Glad everybody had a good Christmas. Me to. Spent the day in the city with the kids. Good food,(pigged out),good company. Even convinced my son-in-law haveing some extra supplies on hand is not a bad thing. Progress?

See Ya

HermitJim said...

Hey Dan...
At least this time things ended up better that we could expect!

Thanks for the good wishes...and I hope you and the family had a very wonderful Christmas!

Thanks for the visit, my man!


Hey Tony...
Certainly a good thing to partake of good food at the families house! Hey, if you ca convince just one loved one that prepping is a good activity, then you have done well!

Hope you have a continuing good holiday season, my friend!

Stephanie in AR said...

Glad you had a good Christmas, we had a smaller but very lovely one ourselves. Keep the coffee coming while we enjoy the last few days of the year. (we spend it thinking & planning)

Tatersmama said...

I'm glad that you had a good Christmas! It was a low-key, laid-back one around here - and it was just the way I like it.
I never even turned the tv on until last night, so I just heard about the terrorist activity.
I couldn't even get a bottle of hand lotion on the last flight I took, so how in the world did a terrorist manage to sneak a bomb on board?
Sad times, eh?

HermitJim said...

Hey Stephanie...
Glad you had a good holiday! I think that we should all be planning and thinking about the future a lot in the light of past events!

Good to see you again, my friend!


Hey Tatersmama...
It does make you think, doesn't it?
Scary times, and doesn't look to get any better anytime soon!

I'm so glad you had a nice holiday, my friend! Thanks for coming by!

DianeLynn said...

Awww sadly to say so true!