Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hey, Granny Ain't Kidding...!


Maybe more of us should follow Granny's lead!

I don't think there is any doubt that she is giving fair warning to anyone thinking about breaking in again! The problem is...many folks that do this type of crime may not be able to read! If that's the case, then I feel sorry for ya!

photo
Jessica Cooley Lufkin Daily News

Homeowner is crystal clear in posted warning

Associated Press
April 19, 2011, 10:48AM
photo
Jessica Cooley Lufkin Daily News

HUDSON — A 71-year-old East Texas woman doesn’t mince words with a sign posted outside her house warning criminals to stay away.

It says: “TRY TO BREAK INTO THIS HOUSE AGAIN, YOUR HEAD WILL BE BLOWN OFF!”

An image of a gun is also on the sign.

Claudia Holland was unharmed earlier this month when someone kicked in her front door. She thinks her barking dogs scared off the late-night intruder.

The Lufkin Daily News reported Tuesday that Holland says it’s the first time in more than 40 years in the home to have something like this happen. She later found out that a house a couple of miles away was broken into around the same time.

Holland’s son, who lives with her, helped arrange for the warning sign.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't even go up and knock on her door at night without her knowing I was coming! No need to take any chances, ya know?

Let's get some fresh coffee and sit on the patio for a bit. Don't worry...I won't shoot at ya!

14 comments:

Spud said...

The way the system works she will be prosecuted for premeditation and entrapment now.

Anonymous said...

Well at least she´s warning about what she will do :-) :-)

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Sixbears said...

As the saying goes, better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

HossBoss said...

Good for Granny!

As for Granny being prosecuted for premeditation and entrapment, the law says you're SUPPOSED to warn the intruder before you shoot them ...gives them a last chance to re-think. But aside from that, it's common courtesy, right?

JoJo said...

Yup the sign says it all. More and more older folks are taking back their freedom from these cowards. I don't like guns but am giving it more and more thought these days.
I'll sit with you and enjoy some coffee with good folks.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I wouldn't want to scare any away with a sign, that way you don't get to shoot as many.

HermitJim said...

Hey Spud...
at least in Texas the jury would be on her side!

Thanks for coming by today!

HermitJim said...

Hey Christer...
Yep, it's called "fair warning" and I believe her!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!


Hey Sixbears...
I haven't heard that saying, but I like it!

I appreciate you coming over this morning!


Hey HB...
Sounds like good manners to me! Just being polite!

I do thank you for dropping in today!

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
Nothing wrong with firearms, as long as there is proper training !

I have a feeling that granny could handle one just fine!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!


Hey Dizzy...
Figured you would be slaving away this morning!

I appreciate you taking the time to come over today, my friend!

Ben in Texas said...

Shoot, a jury of real Texans would never convict her. Sounds like she made the right decision IMHO.

i just hope she uses good gun control , I.E. hit what you aim at!!

HermitJim said...

Hey Ben...
I get the feeling that this granny wouldn't have a problem doing just that!

In her case, I think a shotgun might just be in order! Don't have to aim and makes a big hole!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!

IanH said...

She must be a distant relative!

Selous Scout said...

Must be a relative of mine...

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

lol. I don't imagine she gets a whole lot of visitors now. That is fair warning as I see it, you would have to be a complete idiot to hit that house now.