Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sounds Like A Cartoon...!


I know it probably wasn't funny at the time, but when you picture it in your mind...it's hilarious!

I can only imagine that the noise was certainly enough to wake you up!

Coyote runs into home near Battle Ground

by Michael Rollins and Bruce Williams, KGW Staff
Posted on June 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM

BATTLE GROUND -- William Biscoe and his wife were startled out of bed Monday morning by what they thought was a dog in their house.

The dog turned out to be a coyote that had chased their cat into their home, located in a heavily forested area on Berlin Road.

Biscoe usually keeps the gate closed on a high fence that surrounds his backyard. He had opened it while pressure-washing his deck, and neglected to close it.

"The cat ran in the cat door, and the coyote was hot on its trail," Biscoe said. "And needless to say, once the coyote got in the house, it was scared, real scared . . . made a whole lot of ruckus."

The coyote was literally "scared peeless and poopless," Biscoe added, as it ran around, until coming to a stop between two kitchen counters.

Biscoe got help, piling up furniture so that the coyote had only one route out an open door. He was coaxed out of the spot with two-by-four boards. It ran right out the door and jumped the tall backyard fence.

Biscoe said he was not at all surprised to see the coyote. He has photos of a bobcat and many coyotes. He said raccoons and woodpeckers also wander into the backyard when he's having a cocktail.

"They're not invading us," he said of the wildlife. "We invaded them. We're in their land."

The cat was not injured.

What do you want to bet the cat will not be in a hurry to go back outside any time soon? I think it's safe to say that the coyote won't be in a hurry to try out any pet doors again for a while, but sometimes the heat of the chase can cause even the best hunters make some really scary decisions!

Isn't it nice of Mother Nature to stage these floor shows for those of us that forget about how exciting it is to live in the country?

Coffee on the patio this morning! Maybe we'll get some more rain, just like yesterday! It was nice, but didn't last long enough!

7 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I only live a short distance north of you, Jim, and my buddy has had two dogs killed by coyotes. When I fist moved here, even saw bob-cats. But the area is getting invaded very fast by people.

BigBadSis@gmail.com said...

What a wake-up call. Even though they had some clean up duty, things could have been worse! I once had a skunk in my house (eating our dog's food) but thankfully he never sprayed. Ah!!! Country life as you said!

JoJo said...

Those wyle wascals. Glad it didn't turn on them in fear. But no I don't think either animal will want to go into each others space again.
Glad you had some rain and I hope you get more. They are saying rain next thur. for us we shall see.

HermitJim said...

Hey DD...
A lot of places have driven the wildlife out of it's native habitat, so it stands to reason there will be run-ins!

Still, you have to wonder what the pets think about all of this!

Don't think I want one of these critters in my house!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Sis...
Maybe now that we have had a little rain, the wildlife will hide for a bit longer!

Don't relish the idea of having a skunk in the house! Cats are bad enough!

I appreciate you coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
I am so glad to see some of the wet stuff, I think I'll go stand in the falling water !

Like playing under the hose when we were kids, remember?

Hope you get some of the wet stuff soon, sweetie!

Thanks for coming by today!

TROUBLEnTX said...

Lots of coyotes here, and feral hogs, even javalinas too. I have a story about a skunk in a house,,read my blog. lol,,,
Pass that pot,,,uh, cupa. Have a great day.

Bob Mc said...

All kinds of wildlife out here; coyotes, cougars, bears, bobcats, etc, etc. So far the only ones I've had in the house are birds (usually starlings), a few bats, and one time a swarm of honey bees. The bees came down my chimney, and were clustered against a window. Bees won't sting when they swarm like that. I just opened the window and used a broom to sweep them outside.

HermitJim said...

Hey Trouble...
I love the fact that you have a lot of wildlife around your place!

Most of the wildlife we have here in Houston is thew two-legged kind! I'm not sure, but I think that some of them might just be rabid!

Hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna try and send a few extra readers over to your place!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Bob...
I think that it might be just a tad scary to wake up with a swarm of bees in the house!

Still, living in the country can mean that some of your wilder neighbors might drop in for a visit. Glad they didn't tear anything up!

I appreciate you coming by today!