Thursday, October 19, 2017

This Is A Very Tiny Boat...!

I have always been fascinated by miniatures. Anything done in miniature !

Over on Listverse, I found some very good examples of different miniatures and I wanted to share one with you.

That’s the pits



What to do with those pesky pits that we find in our everyday foods. For centuries those pits from peaches, plums, cherries and olives have been thrown away with the garbage. But for quite of few folks with the ache to create, and with an extremely steady hand, those very pits are the “core” of their calling. The inspiration for this list, Mott’s Miniature’s had quite a “large” collection of pit carvings that can be viewed at their website. The American artist Bob Shamey has been featured by Ripley’s Believe It or Not not just once, but twice, for his carvings. At the National Palace Museum in Taiwan there is an olive pit carving of a tiny boat, with working shutters and facial expressions on all eight passengers.

I don't think I have either the talent or the patience to attempt something like this. I wouldn't mind owning something like it to place on my bookshelf though.

Coffee out on the patio again this morning!

7 comments:

Momlady said...

All i can say is wow!

Sixbears said...

My gorilla hands cannot even handle the tools necessary for such a feat. Amazing work.

HermitJim said...

Hey Momlady...
That about sums it up!
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Sixbears...
I know the feeling. Plus the tremors don't help.
Thanks for coming over today!

Gorges Smythe said...

Wow. Just wow.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Why? I guess that guy just didn't have anything better to do. Yes, it is really beautiful and "WOW" is not quite not enough to describe it but I can't come up with a better word.

JO said...

These carvings are so amazing and the artist will what can one say, I have seen many beautiful carvings but never by a American artist. Beautiful

Patio time is a wonderful time

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
Amazing, isn't it?
Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey Dizzy...
After a while, words just can't do justice to something like this.
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Jo...
I don't think this was something he just knocked out in a day. Must have taken some time.
Thanks, dear, for dropping by this morning!