Friday, January 19, 2018

Kiss Of Death On Freaky Friday...!

Of all the things in this world you might think would cause you harm, a simple kiss would probably fall low on the list of dangerous activities.

Here is a case from Listverse that proves that all kisses are certainly not created equal.

Myriam Ducre-Lemay



Photo credit: The Independent

In October 2012, 20-year-old Myriam Ducre-Lemay attended a party in Montreal with her new boyfriend before heading back to his place for the night. The two shared a kiss as they were getting into bed, only for Myriam to suddenly experience a lot of trouble breathing. It turned out that Myriam’s new boyfriend had eaten a peanut butter sandwich before brushing his teeth. He was unaware that she had a severe peanut allergy.

With only a broken inhaler and no EpiPen with her, Myriam was immediately taken to the hospital by ambulance. Though the ambulance arrived only eight minutes after being called, Myriam died as a result of oxygen deprivation to the brain. Myriam’s mother has used her tragic death as an opportunity to call for those with allergies to wear a Medic Alert bracelet and carry an EpiPen at all times.

It only makes sense to me that anyone having an allergy that could threaten their life would wear a medical alert bracelet, or at the very least tell their partner about such a condition...just in case. Communication could save your life sometimes.

Coffee inside at least one more day...OK?

7 comments:

Sixbears said...

I've a niece with that severe a peanut allergy. She had a hug from a friend who had peanut butter and ended up in the hospital. Scary.

It's way too early for coffee. Back to bed and I'll try later.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I had severe allergies in TN and took an epi pen everywhere with me. It all settled down back in Australia.

linda m said...

If I had such severe allergies I would definitely be wearing a Medical Alert bracelet and ALWAYS carry my Epi-pen. Have a great weekend.

Momlady said...

He didn't know and she hadn't told him I'm guessing. Bet he felt bad.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
Doesn't take much to cause a reaction with that allergy, I reckon.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Crystal Mary...
Wonder why it got better back in Australia? Glad that it did, though.
Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey Linda...
Seems logical to me. Being prepared at all times, just in case.
Thanks for the visit this morning!


Hey Momlady...
I bet you are so right about that. Traumatic, that's for sure!
Thanks for stopping by this morning!

JO said...

How tragic to have such a horrible reaction to something. And how sad for that poor guy to have to live with this.

I don't mind coffee in the kitchen I like cozy but I do miss coffee outdoors.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I had quite a few allergies when I was a child but somehow out-grew them.