Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Little Reflection...

I got a instant message from an old friend of mine that lives in the Yukon. As you can imagine, this time of the year it gets pretty cold! Not cold like here in Texas...but COLD! I mean, when the ground is frozen up to 4 inches deep then to me it's cold. Luckily my friend goes Sun Chasing for a while during the colder months, so she gets a chance to enjoy a little warmth and relax in short sleeves for a time.

I always enjoy hearing from my Internet buddies, especially the ones that live in a part of the world that is so different from where I live. I have one in New Zealand, one in North Dakota, one in the Yukon, one in Colorado and several in Canada...and some more scattered all over the globe.

When used properly, the Internet can be a wonderful way to stay in touch with friends and family, to learn of new and marvelous products and technology becoming available each and every day, and to research anything under the sun! I love it...I really do!

Even Old Geezers like me can learn to be fairly proficient with this media...sort of on a more level playing field. Who knows...someday I may even be able to earn a little extra money using my PC, which would be great! Until then, I'll be more than happy with the ability to stay in touch with my special friends and of course, to make some new ones!

Let's have some coffee...whadda ya say?

No comments: