Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thoughts on a Sunday...

Today is my baby Sister's birthday! I just wanted to wish her many happy returns, long life and happiness, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
****
Have you ever had a particular song or piece of music just reach out and grab you? I have...and I'll tell you about it.

I watched a movie one time called "Pump Up The Volume" with Christian Slater. Part of the soundtrack was a song called "Everybody Knows". The song was originally written and sung by Leonard Cohen, but on the soundtrack they used a blended version with Leonard Cohen and Concrete Blonde.....and that was the first version that I heard.

It was also the first time I had ever heard either of these great artist! I have to admit to being totally blown away by this song and I still am! Just listen to the words!


There is something in this song that reaches out and grabs me at my very core! Don't know if it's the words or what...but it is strong! Especially the end of the song...I am filled with emotion every time I hear it! It gives me goose bumps!

No comments: