Thursday, February 18, 2016

The "White" Chinese Mummies...!

I have to figure that mankind has traveled much further than ever expected, according to this story.

I can't help but wonder where these mummies originally came from, and why they were there in China. I just don't have a clue!

 The Tarim Mummies




An amazing discovery of 2,000 year old mummies in the Tarim basin of Western China occurred in the early 90s. But more amazing than the discovery itself was the astonishing fact that the mummies were blond haired and long nosed. In 1993, Victor Mayer a college professor collected DNA from the mummies and his tests verified that the bodies were all of European genetic stock. Ancient Chinese texts from as early as the first millennium BC do mention groups of far-east dwelling caucasian people referred to as the Bai, Yeuzhi, and Tocharians. None, though, fully reveal how or why these people ended up there.


Whoever these guys were, they could have used a good map. I have a feeling they were a long way from home!

Coffee out on the patio this morning!

7 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Interesting!

Chickenmom said...

Fascinating, Mr. Hermit! You did it again!
More info: http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/Tarim-Mummies.html

linda m said...

I think they wandered away from home and got lost. Just my guess. Or they were following the herds for food. Really good mystery.

Sixbears said...

I bet they thought they were home.

JO said...

I thought I read somewhere that the Norwegian's were travels and did travel long distances. But this is very Interesting. the bodies are so well preserved.

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
Glad you found it so.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Phyllis...
Always have to do a little research on your own, right?
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Linda...
Sounds logical to me. That would be what happened to me if I wandered too far.
Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Sixbears...
That's very possible. Maps were not very good back then.
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Jo...
Probably a lot of folks went farther than we'll ever know. Being blonde should be a give away of their origin, I reckon.
Thanks for dropping by today, sweetie!

Dizzy-Dick said...

I guess even back then, man wanted to know what was just over the horizon. If everyone had been a "home-body", the Garden of Eden would have been way overly populated. . .