Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Anus Sausage Anyone...?

Proofreading is one of those things that seems such a minor detail, but skipping it can lead to some major embarrassments. From Listverse, here is a great example.

Anus Beef Sausages



Photo credit: news.com.au

Just one little letter can provide a whole new meaning to a word. It seems that some of us have a bit of a beef with the word “Angus” when describing the meat from Aberdeen cattle.

A number of photos can be found on the Internet of fast-food chains that have misspelled the word on advertising billboards for their burgers. Shoppers in Adelaide, South Australia, could be forgiven for being a little “put off” by a spelling mistake made on supermarket meat packaging.

Sausage casings may traditionally have been made from animal intestines, although synthetic casings may now be more popular. The exact contents of sausages are also questioned at times. However, shoppers were left asking just how much offal was in the sausages labeled as “Anus Beef.”

Someone forgot to spell-check the meat supplier’s labels for their Angus beef sausages. Once again, this went viral on social media with predictable comments.

I think we all wonder what goes into our sausage at times, but I really don't want to see it on the label, ya know?

Coffee out on the patio this morning if it isn't raining.

11 comments:

Mamahen said...

Proof reading is a habit I haven't developed as you have seen
several times. lol I wouldn't blame you if you blocked me from your blog:))

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Now how could I ever block one of my favorite followers? Besides, I hear what you mean nearly all the time!
Thanks, my friend, for stopping by today!

Gorges Smythe said...

Ah, maybe they meant what they said but STILL couldn't spell!

Momlady said...

I believe I would take the matter up with whoever printed the labels. It had to be embarrassing for the sausage production company. Although, considering what might actually be in the sausage......

linda m said...

That misspelling is a real embarrassment for the printing company. My father was a proof-reader for a printing company and probably would have been fired for that mistake. it is quite hilarious to see it on the sausage package tho. Sure made me laugh.

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
That's probably the case. Wouldn't surprise me.
Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Surely they took it up with the printers. Although, like you say...
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Linda...
The proofreader must have been sleeping on the job this time.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I usually enjoy seeing these misspelling and grammatical errors, and having a chuckle. But this time, not so much. Hopefully the customers saw this before they bought it and took it home!

Still enjoying the cool weather, and see you soon ~

Big hugs

Rob said...

I'll pass on the sausages, what if it wasn't a typo? It's like hotdogs but I don't ask what's in them & as long as they taste good I'm happy!

Proof reading... me & blog post comments are the worse. There are times I just don't see it until the 3rd read thru & that happens after I hit the send button :-(

Then I have to decide if the mistake is "not too bad" or do I have to delete the comment? Because maybe missing that I left an "o" out of the word "good" changed a whole lot of everything?

JO said...

I wonder if I would have even noticed or if I did would I buy it. My grammer is so bad that it's a wonder sometimes if anyone can figure it out. I try to proof read what I have written but like Rob sometimes it's to late to fix.

I'm ready for the patio and a good cup of coffee.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...
I really don't understand how those labels managed to get through all the different stages and inspections to finally be allowed to be applied. Big goof somewhere.
Thanks for the visit this morning!


Hey Rob...
I have to agree about the hotdogs. Somethings are best left unknown.
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Jo...
I don't think a lot of folks would even notice the label, to tell the truth.
Thanks for dropping by today, dear!

Dizzy-Dick said...

We probably do not want to know what is in the sausage and hot dogs that we eat.