Friday, September 6, 2019

Saved By The Booze...!

Sometimes, in spite of themselves, people have their lives saved in a strange fashion...being drunk. That was the case with a Russian man named Alexei Roskov. Here is the story from The Daily Telegraph.

Russian drunkard jumps out of five storey window twice

April 14, 2009 12:00am

A Russian man survived after guzzling three bottles of vodka before leaping from a fifth floor balcony - twice.

Moscow man Alexei Roskov says he jumped the second time because he couldn't stand anymore of his wife's nagging after the first time.

His wife Yekaterina watched in horror as her sozzled husband opened the kitchen window of their Moscow apartment, and dived out.

Astonishingly 22-year-old Muscovite survived - staggering back upstairs with barely a scratch after the 15m fall.

But while his wife called for an ambulance and began to scold him, he decided to jump again.

Paramedics treated Mr Roskov for minor cuts and bruises before releasing him.

Mr Roskov said he was now teetotal after giving up drinking, and added: "Now I can say just one thing - I was very lucky.

"I have no idea why I jumped the first time but when I came back up and I heard my wife screaming angrily at me I thought it was best if I left the room again - out of the window."

I'll bet the guy had one hell of a hangover! I know I would...

Coffee inside again, away from the heat.

7 comments:

Mamahen said...

That's quite a story:))

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Guess vodka makes you crazy!
Thanks for coming over today!

linda m said...

After that much Vodka He sure as shooting' had a bad hangover. I heard that stuff can make a person crazy - this story proves it.

Gorges Smythe said...

lol

HermitJim said...

Hey Linda...
I reckon he earned it fair and square.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!

Hey Gorges...
That about sums it up.
Thanks for the visit today!

JO said...

Holy Cow! He was very lucky indeed. Vodak can be brutel to your brain.

Kitchen it is. I was checking into Oct. weather I guess it will cool down mid Oct. Hope we don't go mad by then.

Dizzy-Dick said...

If he hadn't been drunk, that would have killed him.