Friday, May 2, 2008

The Chaos Theory...And Butterflies !

Everything affects everything else. Period! All that we do, all that we are, all that we think...it's all a part of the bigger picture. Although known by a number of different names, basically it's all a part of the Chaos theory!

The Chaos Theory is actually a concept in mathematics and physics that states this: If you do not have total knowledge and control over a system, you cannot predict the results of the system over a long period of time.

The best known example of the Chaos Theory is the Butterfly Effect, which is the idea that a single flap of a butterfly’s wings could have large scale effects across the world. Simply put, the butterfly effect says that something as seemingly insignificant as a butterfly flapping its wings in the rain forests of Brazil has the potential to trigger a tornado in Texas.

The Butterfly Effect is somewhat similar to the Domino Effect, except that it amplifies the initial condition in a manner which becomes unpredictable over time. The Butterfly Effect is most commonly associated with weather forecasting, where meteorologists have used supercomputers to develop models that predict likely scenarios. A meteorologist named Edward Lorenz is credited with having given the concept its name.

What does all this mean? Just this...nothing happens without affecting something else somewhere. We all have some influence over events at some point in time. Because of this, nothing we do should start with rash decisions. We should always think things through in a calm fashion.

Remember to be positive in thoughts and actions. We attract and draw to us what we project...positive attracts positive, negative attracts negative. Individually and collectively, we can all make a difference.

Now that's all settled, I'm positive that we should go and get some fresh coffee! Want to join me...?

6 comments:

blondie said...

I love your posts.
That's all.
blondie :))

HermitJim said...

Thanks Blondie...as always I appreciate you dropping by. Was just over at TE getting my morning fix of credits and clocks...all by myself! (hint...hint!) Thanks for the comment too!

See ya
Jim

js said...

Jim, the Chaos Theory is explained by the fact that there is only ONE. There are no separate beings. It only appears that way to our senses. There is only a feeling of separation (from God) and that is the only error we need correct.

We are ONE. That explains all effects and resolves all problems. And accounts for all theories.

js

HermitJim said...

Thanks for the visit and the comments, John. Interesting as always! See ya later in TE.

Jim

Iago de Otto said...

It's chaos that got me into this sitcom, and I suppose it's chaos that's gonna get me out, except that now I don't want out. What's a lad to do? Continue to have chaotic thoughts, I suppose.

And that leads me to another random wondering, wondering if'n, with your having heard of chaos theory, if'n you have also come across chaos magic? At the end of this post you mention how pos pulls pos and neg makes neg, and never the twain shall . . . uh, wait a minute, that's not what I was, uh --- never mind about that last part.

But anyway, I just want to say this: It first threw my mindset into a chasm of chaos when I was looking at the traditions of 20th Century chaos magic in contrast to and in comparison with holographic visualization and relaxed manifestation strategies, but now I just --- Whoah! What was that?!?

Uh, I gotta go do something.

Hermit Jim. as always, it has been a pleasure and a privilege. And I hope that I am making some sort of sense here. But if not, I guess it doesn't really mat --- Yikes! I almost forgot! I just told you I gotta go do something. But what was it, what was it?? Dammit Jim!

HermitJim said...

Iago...I enjoyed your comment and thank you for dropping by! It's always a pleasure...

I hope you continue to find this to be a good place to visit and will continue to comment as well!

Later
Jim