Saturday, January 22, 2011

One Secret To Long Life...!


Many activities can help to give you a long and healthy life!

Here is just one example of one of those activities for you to ponder!

An 80-year-old man went to the doctor for a check-up and the doctor was amazed at what good shape the guy was in. The doctor asked, "To what do you attribute your good health?" The old timer said, "I'm a turkey hunter and that's why I'm in such good shape. I'm up well before daylight and out chasing turkeys up and down the mountains."

The doctor said, "Well, I'm sure that helps, but there's got to be more to it. How old was your dad when he died?" The old timer said, "Who said my dad's dead?" The doctor said, "You mean you're 80 years old and your dad's still alive? How old is he?" The old timer said, "He's 100 yrs old and, in fact, he hunted turkey with me this morning, and that's why he's still alive... he's a turkey hunter."

The doctor said, "Well, that's great, but I'm sure there's more to it. How about your dad's dad? How old was he when he died?" The old timer said, "Who said my grandpa's dead?" The doctor said, "You mean you're 80 years old and your grandfather's still living! How old is he?" The old timer said, "He's 118 yrs old."

The doctor was getting frustrated at this point and said, "I guess he went turkey hunting with you this morning too?" The old timer said, "No... Grandpa couldn't go this morning because he's getting married tonight." The Doctor said in amazement, "Married?! Why would a 118-year-old guy want to get married?"

The old timer said, "Who said he wants to?"

The moral? Never give up doing the things that make you happy, just because of the date on the calendar! If your head says you can't do it, but your heart says you can...listen to your heart!

Oh, and to your doctor, of course!

Let's have some coffee in the kitchen, OK?

11 comments:

Caddie said...

This is a good one! Guess the secret to a long life is one's attitude and you will certainly live long, Hermit. Know why I know? Because you have such a good attitude, that's why

Blue said...

Excellent way to start a Saturday! That made me smile!

JoJo said...

Good Morning,
Now that was cute. Good chuckels help you live longer too.
getting ready to take a road trip next week. Hope these adventures make me live longer. :)
Love some coffee in your kitchen.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sissy...
Let's hope that attitude does help! I try to keep a good attitude, even though sometimes it ain't easy!

I really appreciate you coming by today, my friend!

Hey Blue...
I'm always happy if I can make someone smile a bit!

Besides, smiling at your enemies makes them wonder what you're up to!

I appreciate your visit today!


Hey JoJo...
It's about time you got on the road again! Be sure that the camera is all charged up!

Looking forward to some pictures from your road trip!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!

Mechanic in Illinois said...

I'm a turkey hunter and maybe I'll last alittle longer. If not this snow will kill me. Thanks for the lesson and have a great saturday.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mechanic...
Sure do hope that it works for you! Anything that can increase our fun is fine by me!

I can only imagine that you must be getting tired of all that snow! I know that I would be!

Stay warm...and thanks for coming by today!

Dizzy-Dick said...

Listen to your doctor? Heck, if my wife and I had listened to our doctor, we would probably be dead now.

HermitJim said...

Hey Dizzy...
I know that feeling, for sure!

Maybe we should listen to them, and then do the exact opposite, ya reckon?

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!

Catman said...

Hey Hermit,

There's a whole bunch of us who are gonna be chasing turkeys up and down the mountains pretty soon.

Think 1776. Be 1776. Act 1776.

HermitJim said...

Hey Catman...
Gonna have to be chasing a lot of critters if we want to eat without having to pay an arm and a leg!

Food prices are getting so high here in Houston, I expect to see the cats and dogs in the neighborhood start disappearing soon!

Of course, may be another kind of turkey...the two legged kind,that we are chasing around the mountain. Can't ever tell when we might have some "war games" scheduled in our areas, ya know?

Thanks, buddy, for coming by!

Anonymous said...

ATtitude, that's the secret; you give up and your body does the same thing.

Nice to be back HJ

AV