Friday, August 24, 2012

Wanna Make Mudpies...?

I thought for our Friday travels, we would go to one of the many mud volcanoes on the earth!

If you like playing in the mud, then this might be right up your alley. Remember though, this isn't your typical mud hole. This place could get really nasty, really fast! This is almost as scary as seeing the ex in the morning without her make up on!

Mud Volcanoes
Azerbaijan, 40°06′20″N 49°23′20″E



Mud Volcanoes are basically formed when underground mud deposits are forced to the surface, expelling gasses and muddy liquid mixtures. Of the 700 known mud volcanoes around the world, over 400 can be found in Azerbaijan, along the countries Caspian coastline. All the mud volcanoes are fed by a giant underground mud lake. 86% of all the gas released by the pits is methane, which caused quite a stir in 2001, when one of the pits started spewing fire up to 15m into the air. It is estimated that every mud volcano should have at least one large eruption every 20 years, and for the rest of the time they create nutritional mud baths, to which tourists flock.

I don't know about you, but I have never seen the point of taking a "mud bath!" Kinda seems to defeat the purpose, ya know?

Coffee on the patio this morning. We can have some apple pie with our coffee and watch the hummingbirds feed!

10 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Ha! You should see our place in the springtime - We call it the 'mud season'.
Apple pie sounds great...save a chair for me!

Momlady said...

Used to make mud pies. Never took a mud bath. Supposed to be good for the skin. Don't think I'll explore that, it's too late. Any cheddar to go with the pie?

Sixbears said...

Phyllis is right, there is a mud season. That's why our houses have mud rooms. Wouldn't like a mud volcano. It would be like mud season but it never ends.

linda m said...

Spring is our mud season. I don't think a "mud bath" would help me anymore - too many wrinkles at this stage of my life. Apple pie does sound good with coffee, save me a piece.. Have a great weekend.

Billy Bob said...

I useta make mud pies when I was a little tot. Since we was boys, we throwed 'em at each other. Unlike the girls what would eat 'em. Or I think they did anyhows. Girls back then were silly little things.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
Mud season...that's pretty good!

Certainly could be the cause for a lot of cleaning!

No problem on saving you a chair! Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Mud pies seem to be part of our early attempts at crafting. I don't know of many kids that didn't try it at least once!

I'll find some cheese for that pie, Lady!

Thanks for coming over this morning.


Hey Sixbears...
Wonder if you could build a mud boat? Might be a little messy, though.

I don't think I want to be near a mud volcano myself.

Thanks, my friend, for dropping in today!


Hey Linda...
Guess we don't have as much mud here, but we do have a lot of clay after a good rain!

Dries as hard as a brick after a bit in the Sun!

Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey Billy Bob...
Having been brought up with 3 sisters, I know what you mean about girls being silly!

Being the only boy, I was always out numbered!

Thanks for the visit, B.B.!

Dizzy-Dick said...

I am with you no not taking a mud bath or eating mud pies.

HermitJim said...

Hey Dizzy...
Sounds like you and I are on the same page about these two activities!

We'll get our fun another way!

Thanks, buddy, for coming over today!

JO said...

I,m not into mud baths either.

Sorry I'm late tried to down load the manual for the heater and it got stuck and I cannot get rid of it. But some how at least I got back to my home page.

Is there still some pie left? Hope so.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
Don't worry, sweetie. I saved you a slice.

Hope you get the manual downloaded OK. Sometimes it can be a pain.

Thanks for coming by today!