I don't know if any of these will help with the "self inflicted" variety or not, but I figured I should put them on here just in case!
I'm thinking that if the headache is really bad enough for you to try some of these cures...maybe you should forget the cure and try a little more of the cause, ya know?
Here are 16 folk remedies for headaches:
1. Put leeches on your forehead.
2. Rub cow dung and molasses on your temples.
3. Tie a buzzard's head around your neck.
4. Use powdered moss as snuff.
5. Have someone else rub your head; the headache will be transferred to that person, but it will be less severe.
6. Have a relative read chapters of the Bible to you.
7. Stand on your head or spin around until you are dizzy.
8. Soak your feet in hot water to draw blood from your head.
9. Run around the house three times.
10. Ask a seventh child to blow in your ear.
11. Put a buckwheat cake on your head.
12. Rub your head with a piece of stone containing iron ore.
13. Wrap damp cloths around your head and burn scented wood.
14. Plait a handful of hair very tightly on top of your head.
15. Lean your head against a tree and have someone else drive a nail into the opposite side of the tree.
16. Tie a leather thong tightly around your head.(If this fails, you may tell your friends, "The thong is over, but the malady lingers on," which will give them headaches.)
I got these remedies from (where else?) the Old Farmer's Almanac! But you already knew that, right?
Heck, just reading these cures might be enough to give you a headache! You try 'em...I'll just watch! OK?
Now, my friends, let's get some fresh coffee and sit in the kitchen for a bit! No aching heads here!