Sunday, December 23, 2012

Back For Sunday 'Toons...!

I'm happy to report that the family party went well! No fusses, no fights, and the younger folks all ran around making lots of noise! Back in my day, that was considered the extent of how happy everyone was...the more noise, the more joy!

Plenty of food, even though some of the spread had little bits missing where samples were taken buy a young man trying to find which item he wanted to chow down on! I can live with that! Heck, I may have done the same thing when I was that age!

Anyway, I promised cartoons for today, so let's see what's playing today!




Even for old grumpy guys like me, the smiles on the faces of children awaiting Christmas warms the heart! Let's have another!



However you celebrate this holiday season, never forget what it is really all about! Said more simply, Remember the reason for the season!

Coffee in the kitchen this morning. How about we share some left over cookies? Don't worry, they don't go bad overnight!

8 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Thanks for the Christmas 'toons Mr. Hermit! I remember the Little Audrey comic books from way back. So glad your day went well yesterday and I bet the children did make it more fun.

Coffee in the kitchen is fine - 'Hope someone made gingerbread ones!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

JMD said...

Always eager to stay out of the cold! I will trade some snowmen cupcakes for cookies, ok?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that the party went well, HJ. Sometimes,mour fears prove more fearsome than reality it seems. Enjoyed the Santa Surprise toon. Leftov cookies are always good with morning coffee.
Merry Chrustmas to you and yours. Thanks for entertaining and informing with your blog throughout the year. And, thanks for stopping by to visit ours. Happy N Year too!

commoncents said...

FUNNY!

We included your site as one of today's Friends of Common Cents...

http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Kevin and Tracy (a.k.a. kcgaz) said...

Hope your Christmas is great and thanks for sharing those cartoons, fun!

JO said...

Happy to hear your day went well. Its amazing there are still cookies left. I bet you hid them at your house. haha.
Toons are great thank you. I will bring over some fresh ground coffee. This is a new one to me and I really like it.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
Ya know, I did make some gingerbread cookies but gave them away as a gift!

Of course, as the cook I get a chance to sample everything I bake or cook, just to make sure it's OK! They did turn out tasty, but I like nearly anything gingerbread!

I always gripe about the family tree, but I probably have as good a time as anyone else! (don't tell anybody, though)

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey JMD...
Staying out of the cold is a good thing!

I'll take that trade, my friend! I just love sweets!

Many thanks for coming by today!


Hey Beatrice...
I appreciate the fact that you like the "leftover" cookies!

Visiting your blog, especially after one of your road trips, is always fun! I get a chance to see places I normally wouldn't!

Thanks so much for dropping by today!


Hey CommonCents...
I'm glad that you liked them, my friend.

I appreciate you listed me as one of the friends on the list!

Thanks so much for the visit today!


Hey Kcgaz...
I'm always glad to know folks like them.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! I hope you have a safe one!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Jo...
I believe that the only way there are cookies left is that there was so many other snacks, folks filled up before they got to the cookie stash!

Besides, you know I'm always going to save some for our coffee, right?

You'll have to tell me about the new coffee! Sounds pretty good!

Thanks. sweetie, for coming over today!

Hermit Ladee said...

I how I miss the good cartoons. The artwork and the music! My perfect Christmas would be to sit by the fire and have a 24 hour old cartoon channel on tv. Thanks for the memories!