Thursday, December 27, 2012

Silly Thursday...!

How about something a little different today?

I figured that after all the hustle and bustle of the last few days, maybe a little silliness is in order...right?


  • Approximately one-sixth of your life is spent on Wednesdays.

  • Polar bears can eat as many as 86 penguins in a single sitting    

  • A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years

  • Albert Einstein predicted that the World war IV is going to be fought by sticks and stones

  • Nicola Tesla was a far more better scientist than Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison actually stole ideas and hypothesis of Tesla.

  • Piano was invented by a Scientist named Alkundi in the 11th century.

  • In space, astronauts cannot cry properly, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow down their faces

  • There are still places in the world that are inhabited by lost civilisations who are undiscovered

  • Mermaids exist and have the greatest power of sensing danger so that makes a chance of finding them rare.

  • The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old

  • The state of Florida is bigger than England 

  • How about we have our coffee in the kitchen this morning? lt's pretty chilly outside!

    10 comments:

    Gorges Smythe said...

    I guess THAT clears up a few things!

    Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

    Oh darn! Was going to learn how to swim this year so I cold get to see a mermaid. Coffee in the kitchen is fine - its snowing with high winds here. I'll bring some mince pie for all!

    Momlady said...

    Coffee in the kitchen is fine. Mince pie? Phyllis you're an angel.

    Anonymous said...

    I guess I would eat lots of penguins too if I had to travel all the way from the Arctic, where the poar bears live to the antarctica where the penguins live :-):-) :-)

    Have a great day!
    Christer.

    johnnyb said...

    One to add--6 of the 7 Dwarfs ain't Happy!!!

    Always enjoy your posts.

    JO said...

    Good giggles with these. Wonder if the gum has any flavor left.

    I'll bring some fresh ground coffee to the table.

    Dizzy-Dick said...

    Did they find the gum on Pharaoh's bed post? I believe that after the first EMF burst in the sky that sticks and stones may very well be used.

    Anonymous said...

    I actually like wednesdays a lot..but my all time favorite day is Tuesday, married on a tuesday, had my only child on a tuesday, buried 2 relatives 28 years apart on a tuesday, just love it. Wednesdays is smack dab in the middle of the week so no problemo for me. I had a two muffin egg breakfast with potato obriens, tea I am sipping and pettin our cat that got the you know what beat out of him on christmas, he thinks he is a tiger but no match to this grey cat that thinks he is gonna live with us NOT..Happy Happy isn't today Thrusday???? the 27th and yesterday was the 26th maybe I am tired but I could swear yesterday was wednesday? anywhoooo have a most health, happy & peaceful 2013 wow whee it is almost here? ciao

    Caddie said...

    Uh, that first one makes absolutely NO sense. Think about it.

    ~ Janis said...

    Wicked interesting information.
    Mermaids existence makes me smile.
    To add to the silliness, there are a few DUCKS that have turned into Vermont Weather Ducks. Drop in when you need a chuckle:
    www.tailgait.blogspot.com
    Happy New Year!