Thursday, February 9, 2017

Young Curly -The Last Witness...

Here is a short story about the young man who witnessed the battle of the Little Big Horn.


Curly





Curly was the 17-year-old young man who witnessed the fall of Custer at the Battle of Little Bighorn. Curly was known as the “only survivor” even though he denied that he was in the fight. He lived until 1923.

I wonder how he was treated later in life...with scorn or amazement.

Coffee out on the patio once again. It was another record high today!

5 comments:

linda m said...

Very handsome young warrior. I bet he was treated with great respect by his people and with much scorn and disdain by the white people. Bitter cold here again. No wonder I have a cold.

HermitJim said...

Hey Linda...
I reckon you are probably right about that.
Thanks for stopping by today!

JO said...

I know there is a story about him somewhere and now I am going to have to find it.

It has been beautiful here too, but Sunday that will change a bit and the temps are going to drop back into the low 60's but that's fine with me. Patio time it is

Dizzy-Dick said...

Humanity looses something when the last witness to a historical landmark passes away. Would have loved to chat with that man.

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I know how you like these stories, so I gave you one to research. Nice of me, huh?
Thanks, sweetie, for dropping by today!


Hey Dizzy...
One can only imagine what stories that young man could tell!
Thanks for the visit today!