Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beware A Woman's Revenge...!

Again, my friend Minerva sent me a little jewel I wanted to share with you. There is a lot of insight into the mind of a woman in this story!

Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement — not even her parent's nasty divorce.

Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new young wife had bought the exact same dress! Jennifer asked her to exchange it, but she refused. "Absolutely not, I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it," she replied.

Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, "Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day."

A few days later, they went shopping and did find another gorgeous dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it.

Her mother just smiled and replied, "Of course I do, dear. I 'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding."

Now, let's get some coffee!

4 comments:

Cat Melton said...

And I bet she was smiling as she said it, too...lol !!!

Just reading about another's creative, and harmless, revenge is yet another reason to have a good day...I think I'll do just that...

Thanks, Jim!

Cat

HermitJim said...

Hey Cat...gotta smaile when we see that not all revenge needs be mean or physical to be effective. In fact, in this lady's case she might have even taught the new wife a valuable lesson in life...always be prepared and to expect to reap as you sow!

Thanks for dropping by and keep smiling!

Jim

Anonymous said...

Us females always need to have Plan A and Plan B. he he

Good post today. Thanks and have a good Sunday.
Going to get my 2nd cup of coffee now - tapering down a little today..

HermitJim said...

Hey Myrna...thanks for dropping by. I have noticed over the years that women always seem to have plans that the poor unsuspecting males don't have a clue about. Gusee that's why folks say that "women are mysterious", huh?

Just gotta love the women! At least, most of 'em! Life sure would be dull without 'em!

Jim