Friday, June 22, 2012

You Like Secret Places...?

We have all heard about and read about the so called "Secret Sites" scattered around the country. Here is one of them!

I have to ask myself why places like this are kept so secret and mysterious. I just wonder what all is going on, ya know? Not that I really care what is going on, but if you want to get me going...tell me I can't do something! Know what I mean? Especially if you can't give me an acceptable reason!

Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center



This is a place that is not only closed to the public, but it is a place that the public hope to never have to enter! In most “end of the world” films we see these days, there is always a highly classified area where US government officials and a chosen few get to go in the hopes that they can escape the impending doom. The Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center is the real thing. It was set up in the 1950s due to the cold war but continues to operate today. It is a “last hope” area. For obvious reasons its operations are highly classified. It is run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The center is already functioning and even in small local disasters in the US, much of the telecommunications traffic is routed through it.

I guess, like most folks, I don't like being treated like a child. "You can't go there because it's off limits! Just for your safety!" Sounds like the statement "Nothing to see here...move on, move on!", doesn't it?

Coffee on the patio this morning, I think. It will be way too hot later!

7 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I don't know who they think will do the work if all us grunges are killed.

Sixbears said...

Let's pretend there's a big disaster coming. All the rats can run into their holes and then we'll brick up the door.

Momlady said...

FEMA = federally elected mismanagment a**holes

linda m said...

I like Sixbears idea. Why do they get to live and I have to die? Just doesn't seem very fair to me. And if it's not safe for me why is it safe for them? Get real! Have a nice weekend. A little cooler here today, about 80 instead of 95. :)

JO said...

I like all the comments this morning. FEMA indeed they don't know their a__ from a hole in the ground. Jerks But hey we sure pay them a nice salary.

Coffee outside right now is a good place in a few hours it will be to hot anywhere from the looks of things. Even here.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I think we all should have a secret place, what do you think?

Jim said...

Hermit,I just received word that Ben of,"An Older Texan Remembers" is in pretty bad shape in the hospital. I'll let you know when I find out more.