Sunday, June 2, 2013

Another Sunday In Toon-town...!

To me, good cartoons are like good music. They never go out of style!

Take these 'toons for instance. One of them is from the same year I was born! Now that's old, folks!



We don't see much of the old Popeye cartoons as the others, but they are still good!



Wonder why Popeye was more popular in the old days than now? Just one of life's mysteries, I reckon!



Well, I think we should have coffee out on the patio, but we might have to move inside pretty quick. Let's gamble, OK?

6 comments:

Mamahen said...

Love Popeye....he and Casper were my favorites growing up!! I'll gamble on having a cup in the fresh air. Does French Toast sound good to anyone today?

Chickenmom said...

Loved Popeye! Thanks Mr. Hermit for showing them. I guess he isn't popular anymore because kids today don't even know what spinach is!
French toast sounds wonderful, Mamahen!

Sixbears said...

Those bring me back.

JO said...

Well good Sunday to you all. Popeye wasn't one of my favorites. I guess it was his friend. Never liked bullies.

I'll sit and share that coffee on the patio with everyone.

Billy Bob said...

By order of the "politically correct" police, Popeye was a violent cartoon character. He was placed in the "archives" prison for the duration of his life. In the "archives" cell next to his, is the famous rabbit hunter Elmer Fudd....also serving a life term.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
I never cared much for Casper, but i don't really know why!

I died like Popeye, though.

Thanks for bringing the french toast this morning!



Hey Chickenmom...
That's probably true!

I appreciate you coming over today!



Hey Sixbears...
Guess it sorta shows our age, huh?

Thanks for the visit this morning!



Hey Jo...
Sorry you never liked Popeye, but glad you could join us!

We had to move into the kitchen, as it started to rain!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming over today!



Hey Billy Bob...
Well, at least he is in good company! Reckon many of the older 'toon stars are in the same pokey!

Thanks for coming over today!