Thursday, June 13, 2013

Let's Talk "Service"...!

Something a little different for you to consider this Thursday.

I become confused when I hear the word "Service" used with these agencies:

Internal Revenue 'Service'

US Postal 'Service'

Telephone 'Service'

Cable TV 'Service'

Civil 'Service'

Federal, State, City, & public 'Service'

Customer 'Service'

This is NOT what I thought 'Service' meant.

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had bought a bull to 'Service' his cows. BAM!!! It all came into focus. Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.

You are now as enlightened as I am!

Coffee out on the patio this morning. I'm in the mood for some sweet potato pie. Want some?

10 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Epiphanies come in the strangest ways!

Chickenmom said...

You are too funny Mr. Hermit! We all need a good laugh these days.
Sweet potato pie - haven't had that in ages - When no one is looking, I'll have another slice!

Sixbears said...

. . . and now I know why my local electric company is Public SERVICE of NH.

The "service" the whole state.

I do love my solar panels!

linda m said...

Hahahaha, you are so funny Mr. Hermit!!!! Thanks for a great post today.

JO said...

Yes they service us alright. The bull brought it all together. :) Good chuckely to start the day.

Linda said...

That was brilliant! And enlightening.

Mamahen said...

A bit foggy headed tbis a.m. stormy night our way.....this was just the sort of post I needed ..Got my education and a smile in one shot :))

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
That they do, my friend...that they do!

Thanks for coming over today!



Hey Phyllis...
We all needs a good grin from time to time!

I'll save ya an extra slice!

Thanks for dropping in this mo0rning!



Hey Sixbears...
You're ahead of the game compared to most of us!

Thanks, my friend, for coming over today!



Hey Linda...
Glad you got a kick out of it. Always fun to make someone smile!

Thanks for coming over this morning!



Hey Jo...
I'm happy that it gave you a chuckle today, sweetie!

I appreciate the visit today!



Hey Linda...
Glad you enjoyed it!

Many thanks for coming by today!



Hey Mamahen...
Strange weather running all over the country!

Glad if today's post could brighten the day just a tad!

Thanks for dropping in today!

deb harvey said...

i can see the cartoon light bulb over your head. it is all becoming clear to us now.
thanks.
deb harvey

Mayberry said...

Jim, you done knocked that one out of the park! Ha ha! Yep, we're all being "serviced". Maybe that's why those kids walk around with their britches hanging off their hind ends...