Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cartoons For A Soggy Sunday...!

We are finally getting some much needed rain here in Houston, so I figured that a little soggy silliness was in order!



I wonder when Popeye discovered that eating his greens was a good thing? Didn't help his eyesight much! I mean, have you taken a good look at Olive ?



Did you ever wonder how these guys spend their time during the day? Do they have hobbies? Do they do anything for fun besides fight and chase women? Wait! The last part doesn't sound too bad, ya know?



By the way, I was just kidding about the chasing women! Kinda like the dog chasing cars...I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, ya know? Getting old ain't for sissies!

Coffee inside again today. It's OK though, 'cause I've got some iced lemon cookies I'll share!

5 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Good ones, Mr. Hermit. I never saw the one about Popeye Sr. We finally had rain overnight - we really need more though. Iced lemon cookies? - be right there!

Rob said...

I don't recall why but I looked up Popeye the other day, he was a Coastie!

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
Those slow overnight rains are the best!

Down to 60 on the patio! How cool is that?

Thanks for coming over today!



Hey Rob...
I sure didn't know that! Learn something new each day.

Thanks for coming by this morning!

Bob from Athens said...

I fuigure that it comes to chasing women at my age, I can still chase, it is up to them to tell me what to do when they catch me.

Mamahen said...

Love popeye and would love to visit with everyone over a cup of hot tea and a lemon cookie...Thanks for the invite :))