Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Illness Detectors...!

Those of us that own cats know that they seem to sense when something is wrong, or we don't feel well.

This article from Listverse even tells of an animal that seems able to predict death. That's a scary talent if you ask me.

Cats



Cat owners have been reporting that their pets have healing powers for ages. While cats do not have the ability to cure sickness, they are definitely capable of detecting it.

Diseases cause chemical changes in the body, and cats use their acute sense of smell to identify whether someone is sick or not. Our feline friends gather more information by sensing changes in our mood and behavior. They can also detect illness in other animals.

One cat has even “predicted” 25 deaths in a nursing home. Although unfriendly by nature, Oscar the cat displayed sudden affection toward multiple residents who were close to death.

Experts hypothesize that the cat can smell and sense organs shutting down. Do not hurry to schedule a doctor’s appointment if your cat suddenly sits in your lap, though. Even the most independent and egoistic beings want affection occasionally.

I have noticed my cats seem to pay more attention to me when I'm not feeling well. Then again, guess it could be because their feeding schedule is a little off at that time. Yeah, that's more likely.

Coffee out on the patio this morning. Sunshine is available for those in need.

8 comments:

Momlady said...

Mine often stay away when I don't feel well. Hmmmm.

linda m said...

I don't have a cat as hubby is allergic to cats. However, I will come and enjoy the sunshine on your patio. It is only 10 degrees here.

HermitJim said...

Hey Momlady...
Do you get grumpy when you don't feel well? Maybe they are just following that "stay away and leave me alone" feeling. Knowing cats, though, you never really know why they do things.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Linda...
I Imagine hubby is warmer to cuddle with than a cat would be in your present weather.
Thanks for coming by today!

JO said...

One of the blogs I read the guy has a cat, he messed up on his insulin and passed out the cat kept hitting him in the face and it brought him around enough to realize what he did and took the proper steps to reverse the mistake he was very lucky. This happened twice and both times the cat woke him by hitting him in the face. I have heard of the cats in nursing homes visit the dying also.

Sunshine has been great but the wind is awful see you on the patio

Dizzy-Dick said...

I had three cats at one time and they all had different personalities. Of course the all black cat lived up to the strange stories about black cats.

BarbaCat said...

I'm a sucker for the black & whites. Mine always zones in on my behavior if it's out of the ordinary.

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
Good thing the cat was paying attention, I reckon.
Thanks, dear, for dropping by today!


Hey Dizzy...
Most cats seem to really exert their personalities very strongly. All of them are different, for sure!
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Barbar Cat...
I do like the black and whites. At present I don't have any, but maybe that will change soon.
Thanks for stopping by today!

BarbaCat said...

I posted all cats on the 22nd: https://barbacat.blogspot.com/2018/01/my-all-time-favorites.html

at my blog: https://barbacat.blogspot.com/

Seems EVERYBODY likes kitties!!