Friday, June 1, 2018

Nature Takes It Back...!

We have all seen places that nature has reclaimed as Her own again, I'm sure. Here is a good idea of what I talking about.

Gouqi Island
China


Photo credit: medium.com

A naturally breathtaking island with tall mountain peaks and a beautiful coastline, Gouqi Island has been on a journey to eliminate all evidence of civilization from its land since the population began dispersing in the 1990s. Here, ivy and moss can be seen climbing up walls, taking over buildings, and hiding them from view.

The eerie allure of a city frozen in time has made the island a busy tourist attraction. If you are looking for greenery and neglected buildings, Gouqi Island is a must-see.

Gouqi Island is part of the Shengsi Islands in the Zhoushan Archipelago outside of Hangzhou Bay in China. The island relied heavily on fisheries as its primary industry in the past. Then the diversification and development of secondary industries caused fishermen to move to the mainland where transportation and distribution of goods was easier.

Some of the fishing villages are still inhabited, and fishermen visit the island yearly to catch fish. But the majority of the island and its structures have been abandoned.

Actually, I think that this place is really pretty. After Nature takes over a place, she decorates it very well, I'd say!

Coffee on the patio for a change. It's still pretty hot, but we need to get some fresh air, ya know?

7 comments:

Mamahen said...

I agree. I find this beautiful! I'll meet everyone on the patio:))

Momlady said...

Send the sun this way, please!

linda m said...

I agree with you, that is just so pretty. Let's hear it for Mother Nature reclaiming what was hers in the first place. Finally going to cool down around here to more normal temps. Have a great weekend.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Does a good job on it, doesn't she?
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
I will certainly try and do that!
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Linda...
I'm glad you are finally catching a break on the weather.
Thanks for the visit today!

JO said...

Yes that is so beautiful, but it looks like someone must live there because the vines are not covering the windows. Mother Nature does know her stuff.

Patio is OK I have my windows open and some some small fans on just to get the air moving in the house of course it is only 65 right now but by 9 am I will have to close things up

Rob said...

Abandoned places in contemporary China, doesn't fit "my" view of China... learn something new every day!

It's humid here in north Georgia, coffee outside works!

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I reckon it could be because of the visitors. Seems to be a lot of tourist go there.
Thanks, sweetie, for dropping by today!


Hey Rob...
I don't imagine there are too many places like this over there. Seems out of place, for sure.
Thanks for coming over today!