Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Have I Got A Cure For You...!


I thought I would share a bit of good news with you today! After all, you know I am always looking out for you, right?

Now, as you know, one of the most aggravating things that can just really mess up your day is a bad case of the hiccups! Now just imagine that you are trying to recover from some type of surgery where even coughing can cause a lot of pain! That's when a killer case of the hiccups can feel like just that!

Now those of you that have been here for a while know about my love affair with chocolate, so whenever I can find a positive reason to eat it...you know that makes me happy! Besides, for Preppers, it's all about making do with what we have on hand, right? Check out this article that I found and you'll see what I talking about!

Here's a treat: Chocolate can ease hiccups

By JOE GRAEDON and TERESA GRAEDON King Features Syndicate
Sept. 20, 2009, 5:23PM

Chocolate works for hiccups. My father was recovering from abdominal surgery last summer and had lengthy bouts of severe hiccups. His doctors tried anti-spasmodic drugs to end them, and the drugs did not help. I read about this remedy in your book, bought him a bag of chocolate chips, and voilĂ  , it worked.

A: We first heard about eating a few chocolate chips to stop hiccups from a listener to our radio show. Her Danish grandmother had always used this remedy, and she continued the tradition with her children.

I just love those Danes! Almost as much as I love my chocolate! I mean, a day without my coffee, my friends, and some chocolate...well, it just would NOT be a good day!

After all, I love my friends...and I love sharing with them, ya know? Plenty of extra coffee, plenty of extra.....WAIT A MINUTE!!! NOBODY MOVE!! WHO ATE THE LAST OF THE CHO...Oh, never mind! Sorry, I had put it behind the coffee can!

I almost turned into my ugly self! Believe me, you don't want to see my mean and ugly side...you really don't! If you want a preview of what I could become...then look!



Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit outside for a while! Don't worry, I'll behave, I really will!

20 comments:

Felinae said...

Hi Uncle Hermit~

I think your mean and ugly side is still kinda cute. ;)

I'm on the same page as you, any time I can find a healthy reason to eat chocolate...I am all over it. LOL!

I'd love to join you for a cup of coffee this morning.

I'll bring along some chocolate to ensure you remain on your best behavior. :D

Hugs to you,
~Felinae~

HermitJim said...

Hey Felinae...
Well, I tried to look scary, but this is the best I could do! Guess my secret is out...I'm really just an old softy!

Bring on the chocolate and I'll behave, even if I look a little foolish at times...ya know, making all these faces!

Thanks for coming by, my feline friend!

Rae said...

There aren't many things that chocolate can not cure in my book. Maybe we should just eat it everyday as a preventative. Sounds good to me. Think I will start right now.

vlad said...

A bite of chocolate and a sip of Jack Daniel black label and big warm happy girl is best.
Omar said
A book of verses underneath the bough.
A jug of wine, a loaf of bread and thou
Beside me singing in the wilderness.
That wilderness were paradise enow.

Anonymous said...

I can never tell my kids or they will have hiccups every day.

Enjoy the coffee.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate is good for what ails you. That pic of p.o'd kitteh is funny! Thanks for posting this.

Baby Sis said...

With my allergy to chocolate, I have to make every bite I have really work, so this sounds like a perfect excuse to have some! Make mine dark, please...and I think I have seen that face on you before, long, long ago, in a land far away.....

Big hugs

Anonymous said...

I feel the hiccups comming on already. I do love chocolate, and JD Black goes with everything. Uh oh another hiccup...gotta go.

See Ya

TEAM HALL said...

Oh Jim, you're still sweet even with your little fangs and wrinkled brow! hehe

Sorry I won't be here for the next while to see what you're up to...but I will be back. I'll definitely miss my cup of coffee with your blog first thing every morning!

Have a grand day, Jim!!!

MamaHen said...

LOVE any reason to have chocolate! i'll remember that one, in fact, feel some hiccups coming on now....

JoJo said...

Oh my Special One, your are so sweet even with that face, LOL while I on was on the road I found this cute little sign and of course I had to buy it, it reminded me of you....
7 days without chocolate
makes one weak
Its hanging in the MH.
By the way I am taking off again next week or as soon as the new tag gets here.

HermitJim said...

Hey Rae...
Sounds like a plan to me! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Especially with chocolate!

Thanks so much for coming by today!


Hey Vlad...
Not much that combination wouldn't cure, I'm thinking!

Thanks for coming by today, Vlad!


Hey Kris...
Yeah, if you tell the kids, you would be in trouble for sure! Sometimes, I think they will manage to find these little cures all by themselves!

Hey, I appreciate you coming by today!


Hey Anon 7:11...
I think that kitty is going to need the cat version of chocolate! One thing I'm sure of, I don't want to try and give him a hug when he gets out of the pool!

Thanks so much for the visit today!


Hey Sis...
I'll bet that some time or another growing up, I must have had a look like this on my face! I have a feeling that mine was a lot uglier and meaner looking, though!

I keep forgetting that you are allergic to chocolate...sorry!

Hey, thanks for coming by today, Sis!


Hey Tony...
I'll be willing to bet that you have a little of both in your MH...never hurts to be prepared!

I'm glad you came by today, Tony!


Hey Cath...
Sorry that you can't come by for a while, but I hope you have a good trip!

You be careful out there...it's a jungle!

Thanks for the visit this morning, my friend!


Hey Rex...
Yep, you just never know when those hiccups will show up! Have to be ready, for sure!

It's really nice to see you this morning, Girl!


Hey JoJo...
Guess I'm gonna have to find me a sign like that! I'm glad you are getting a chance to get back on the road again!

You be very careful out there, sweetie! I appreciate you dropping in for a cup today!

Unknown said...

Anybody want to come for supper? Menu is pinto beans, jalapeno cornbread ( salad and f.f. for those interested). Coffee and made from scratch chocolate cake and for Baby Sis and any others who need or choose...5 flavored pound cake. There is plenty!

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...
Sounds like you are trying to fatten up all the folks around here...and there, as well!

Sounds good enough to eat to me!

between you and Baby sis, and JoJo with her fresh ground coffee...I should be good to go until around Thanksgiving!

Of course, by then I'll be about 30 pounds heavier!

Unknown said...

As I always say, "This is not fat,it is just more to love!".

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I´ll remeber thei! Any reason to eat chocolate is a good reason :-)

I love that picture of the cat :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

Hey thats one mean lookin Kitty , and You aint lion. lol crackin myself up.


Beth , I'll be right over.

Anonymous said...

LMAO, I love the look on that cats face!

HermitJim said...

Hey Christer...
Couldn't agree more about anytime for chocolate being a good one!

Glad you like the picture! Glad as well that you could drop by today!


Hey Off Grid...
He does look a bit unhappy, doesn't he?

Have to warn ya, my sister Beth makes a mean pot of beans...and the cake ain't bad, either!

I appreciate you coming by today, buddy!


Hey Molly...
It just about says it all for all of us at times, right? I have certainly had days like the one that caused that look!

Hey, glad you cpould come by, Molly!

Anonymous said...

HermitJim, I hope you don't mind me printing off that picture for my wife, who is a big time cat person.

Put a caption from the movie PRINCESS BRIDE - "I would not say such things if I were you!" on it, she loved it.