Ready to gain a few more pounds? Then today's post should do it, for sure!
I was reading about some of the goodies offered at the Texas State Fair. Now, as you may or may not know, Texas is real big on fried food, ANY kind of fried food! Even though that statement may apply to most of the south, I think this will make you agree that just maybe Texas is number one in the fried food category!
Let me give you just a sampling of some of the goodies you can expect from the creative minds of these cooks!
- Green Goblins: Cherry peppers stuffed with spicy shredded chicken and guacamole, battered, deep-fried and topped with queso.
- Twisted Yam on a Stick: A spiral-cut sweet potato, fried on a skewer, then rolled in butter and dusted with cinnamon and sugar.
- Fernie’s Deep Fried Peaches & Cream: Served with a side of vanilla buttercream icing for dipping.
- Texas Fried Pecan Pie: A mini-pecan pie battered, deep fried and served with caramel sauce, whipping cream and chopped candied pecans.
- Country Fried Pork Chips: Battered, thin-sliced pork loin deep fried and served with sides of ketchup or cream gravy.
- Sweet Jalapeno Corn Dog Shrimp: Shrimp on a stick, coated with a sweet and spicy cornmeal batter, deep fried and served with a spicy glaze.
- Fried Peanut Butter Cup Macaroon: A peanut butter cup wrapped inside a coconut macaroon, fried and then dusted with powdered sugar.
Then, of course, there is the topic of the day...FRIED BUTTER! You can read all about this beauty and the rest of the story right here! I have to warn you, though...be prepared to garnish a few calories along the way! Just don't say I didn't warn ya!
Now, my friends, if you're full of the snacks...let's get some fresh coffee and sit outside for a bit!