Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ready To Gain Some Weight...?


None of us are ever really ready to gain weight, but if you are like me...you can gain weight just by reading recipes like these!

I started looking through the family cookbook to come up with something different for the reunion coming up. What I found instead, was two recipes I had almost forgotten about! They are quick, easy, and mostly can be made with a minimum of ingredients. In fact, I'd be almost willing to bet you already have all the things you need to create these calorie laden, lip smacking goodies!

The first one is not too bad. Certainly, it's not as rich as the second...but, believe me, it's still GOOD!

Potato Chip Cookies

1 pound margarine
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups crushed potato chips
3 1/2 flour

Mix margarine and sugar: add vanilla, flour, and potato chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes

That's it! Good stuff...so maybe you might want to make a double recipe, just in case!

Tami's Gooey Butter Cake

1 stick oleo
2 eggs
1 yellow cake mix

Combine and spread into greased 9x13 inch pan. (Mixture will be thick)

8 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
1 pound powdered sugar (reserve 2 tbsp. to sprinkle on top)

Pour on top of first layer and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate.

Now I have to tell you, this recipe is from my last ex-wife...and I always suspected she might have been trying to do away with me by getting me so overweight, I would pass on from a heart attack! Never proved it, but I had my suspicions!

Anyway, I hope you try and enjoy these recipes! Just remember, I accept no responsibility for any extra pounds gained during the consumption of these two goodies, OK?

Now, let's get some coffee and sit outside for a bit...heck, I'm full just from typing these recipes!

13 comments:

Ken said...

...wow,first on the ticker...and it's 4:30,you guys are slackers...lol
...thanx for recipes Jim,straight to the binder...

vlad said...

morn'n
good coffee.
I'm gonna eat chili for breakfast.
Maybe not all of it at one meal.

4 lb ground beef chuck
15 oz ranch style beans
3 oz sunflower oil
4 teaspoons each:
ground cayenne
yellow curry
turmeric
water

y'all come!

Kyddryn said...

Good morning, Mister Hermit, sir.

Ouch...my arteries hardened a little just reading those recipes! A whole pound of margarine? Hoo, boy...

Death by dining, indeed.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Baby Sis said...

Bubba -
I'm not sorry to see Tami go, but sure glad she left this recipe behind. I guarantee it's a winner! My ex-mother-in-law (also an excellent cook, but always just a little off the mark) called this the Goofy Butter Cake after I started making it for them. Never knew why, just, as I say, she was always just short of getting it right. Whatever, it's still good.I call it "Decadence"!

Looking forward to Saturday - how about a rum cake from my side of town? And cookies, of course!

Love & hugs -

Lydia said...

Oh boy Jim! I'm with Kyddryn on this one. :) You trying to get rid of your family? ;)
lydia

Have a wonderful time with your family !! Wow it feels like you just had one of these...

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Yes, I´m one of those that gains weight by reading something like these recepies :-) :-) But we only live such a short time on this little planet of ours, so who cares :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

JoJo said...

WOW! Good morning my Special One, I know I just gained about 15lbs just reading these, its a good thing I'm not much for baking, or cooking for that matter,:) gave all that up when I became an empty nester. I just make what I need to try and be healthy. hmm well I try. If I ate either of those I would be dead for sure. hehe but they sure sound yummy.
So lets sit and drink some coffee and maybe have some not so bad cookies.
Then start to button the house on wheels for the next leg of my journey tomorrow. Hope to get some great shots of Bisbee for you.

Anonymous said...

I'll eat both of them. But use real butter...I like to eat healthy. Caffine, nicotine, and sugar. Building blocks of the American male.

See Ya

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...
First in line when it comes to food, huh? Sounds like me, buddy!

Hey, I do appreciate the visit this morning!


Hey Vlad...
Nothing wrong with chili for breakfast! I am of the opinio that if it works for ya, go fo it!

Thanks for the recipe ad for coming by...!


Hey Kyddryn...
Might hve to have a 2 day nap after eating some of this cake! But then, life's too short to worry about it!

I'm really glad you could come by today, K...!


Hey Sis...
One of the nicer things she did! Hey, rum cake sounds good to me! I'll drink to that!

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend! Glad you could drop over today!


Hey Lydia...
Good to see you again! I haven't had one of these for a long time, but I'm still gaining weight. Wonder if it's from the last time?

Thanks so much for the visit, my friend!


Hey Christer...
Right you are, my friend! Life is indeed too short to sweat the small stuff!

I sure am glad to see you this morning!


Hey JoJo...
My wandering little gypsy! Sounds like the trip is going good! It should be good for you to get the batteries all recharged!

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures...

Now pass the cookies, sweetie!


Hey Tony...
Gotta agree with you on the real butter thing! Nothing like it for cooking!

I think your definition of the building blocks is right on!

Hey, thanks for the visit today, Tony!

Catman said...

Man,

I'm trying to lose weight! Thanks for giving me a couple of more reasons to stay overweight! ;-)

HermitJim said...

Hey Catman...
Glad to do my part for the rest of us that remain slightly over weight! Maybe we are NOT "overweight", but just a tad "undertall?!

Either way, I'm glad you came by today, buddy!

Felinae said...

Hi Uncle Hermit,

Thanks for sharing the recipes :D

I'm kinda on the fence about the potato chip cookies, but that butter cake sure sounds good.

Have a great day, my friend.

Hugs~N~Smiles
~Felinae~

HermitJim said...

Hey Felinae...
These cookies actually taste a lot like sand tarts, only lighter!

You would probably like 'em fine..l.

Thanks for coming by!