Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thoughts From A Rambling Mind...!


One thing about being retired, you have a lot of time to think about things!

Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not so good! Either way, sometimes it's best to share them with others, ya know? That's what I'm going to do today...share!

Hope you enjoy these ramblings!

I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped on. I can't afford one. So, I'm wearing my garage door opener.

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people didn't like me anyway.

I was thinking about old age and decided that it is 'when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it'.

I thought about making a fitness movie, for folks my age, and call it "Pumping Rust."

I have gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!

I know, when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once I want to say, "No, it's for company!"

Employment application blanks always ask 'who is to be notified in case of an emergency.' I think you should write,"A Good Doctor!"

Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do -- write to these men? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they deliver the mail? Or better yet, arrest them while they are taking their pictures!

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then, it dawned on me, they were cramming for their finals. As for me, I'm just hoping God grades on the curve.


Well, that's all I wanted to share today! I'm going to do some more thinking and see what else I can come up with for tomorrow! So if you look over and it looks as though I'm sleeping...I'm not really dozing, I'm just resting my eyes and thinking! OK?

Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit outside for a bit! It's really nice and cool for a change!

11 comments:

Catman said...

God grades on a curve? Hmmmm....I wonder how dumb my class is....

DianeLynn said...

Count me in on the curve and LOL not only I can not wear the garage opener because I have no garage cause I have no house either.

HermitJim said...

Hey Catman...
At least I'm hoping that's the case! I need all the help in my grades that I can get, ya know?

Just something to think about!

Hey, buddy...thanks for coming by today!


Hey Diane-Sage...
I really don't have an opener either, but it sounded cool! Made a nice mental image, ya know?

I sure appreciate you coming by today!

Ben in Texas said...

You been reading my mind? :-)

Hey!! you mean you actually have a garage to have a door on? Hell, I have to park out in the wide open..

Baby Sis said...

Bubba -

I want to be there when you tell the "company" where the guest toilet is! I know some who come to Mom's house I'd like to tell the same thing. Let's do it!!

Glad to see your sense of humor is not rusting or dropping into your drawers, or not too much, anyway.

Love you lots - Big Hugs

Dizzy-Dick said...

Good list, but I am afraid that God doesn't grade on the curve. :-(

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One
You have such a bright mind. These are fun. See you still have lots of wisdom to come out. Hope you can come up with a few more for tomorrow. A good laugh in the morning with a good cup is the best day starter. As you know I don't have a cat but maybe I will put out a box anyway just to tell that one. LOL

HermitJim said...

Hey Ben...
Naw, I don't really have a garage and I park on the street!

I used to park in the driveway at Mom's house but I found out that the quickest way to get someone to come over is to park in the driveway! I guarantee that within 5 minutes, someone will show up and block you in!

Thanks for coming by today, my friend!


Hey Sis...
I figure that I have to keep my sense of humor...or I'd certainly be climbing the walls, ya know?

Trouble with telling some of the folks coming to Mom's that the litter box was for them, some just might believe it!

Know what's scary? The holidays are just around the corner! I can well remember that I said last year that I would be gone by now!

Oh well...wrong again!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Dizzy...
I was afraid of that! Guess I had better start behaving myself, just in case!

Bet you are getting some nice skies to gaze at with that big ol' telescope, huh?

Should be clear with this cooler weather...at least, it seems so!

Hey, thanks for coming by today, buddy!


Hey JoJo...
Glad you could come over! I know you are trying to get ready to go back to the flat land again!

I'm sure they'll be glad to see you in the village.

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!

Marjie said...

"Pumping Rust"? Pretty good.

"It's for company"? How dumb are people anyway?

Thanks for the giggles.

HermitJim said...

Hey Marjie...
Glad you got a kick out of the post!

Always happy to help bring a smile or two when I can!

Thanks for coming by today!

Calandreya said...

You've won an award! Please follow this link to see it and continue the fun.

http://pluckingmyself.blogspot.com/