Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rainy Day Cartoons...!

Nothing like starting a wet Sunday off by watching some cartoons, then reading the rest of the day!

Sadly I can't give ya a book, but I can furnish the 'toons! Will that do?



Something about the early 'toons makes me remember my childhood. Guess we all have some flashbacks to our childhoods when we get to be my age. Man, I'm getting old and I can feel it! maybe that's why I love the cartoons on Sunday!



Ya know, with caring for Mom full time, I don't have a lot of time to relax much. Sunday is (or was ) a day of rest. Not working out like that lately, though! Let's have another 'toon.



That's all I have for today. Now that we have had the 'toons, anybody in the mood to read? Good way to spend the day when it's raining, ya know?

Coffee in the kitchen this morning. I'll share my lemon cake with everyone!

8 comments:

West Tx at Heart said...

Hope things lighten up for ya soon

Chickenmom said...

Sadly a lot of us have been through what you are doing now. It is NOT easy, so we understand. But looking back, it was worth every minute. I'll be piggy today - I want two slices of that lemon cake!

JO said...

Great toons to start Sunday as always.
Nothing like a good read. Hope you enjoy your book.

Coffee with friends in your kitchen on a rainy day sounds wonderful.

HermitJim said...

Hey West Texas...
I shouldn't complain, but sometimes you just feel overwhelmed. Getting old ain't for sissies!

Hey, thanks for coming by today!



Hey Phyllis...
Two slices coming up!

I know that others have done a much better job than I, but ya have to let off a little steam once in a while!

Thanks for coming over this morning!



Hey Jo...
Bet you have more books than I have. Reading is good!

Thanks, sweetie, for dropping by today!

Mamahen said...

Thank you for the toons n lemon cake mmmm. Life can be overwhelming for sure at times...Recovering from surgery wed myself so i'm having a bit of a pity party today....Thanks for the smile:))

West Tx at Heart said...

Hey brother, we all get to feeling overwhelmed every now and then. That's when our friends stand beside us and say we got this. Dude if you need to have a REAL cup of coffee, Im in the area. Let me know its the least I could do given all the enjoyment this blog has brought me and my dad. Let me know.

West Tx at Heart said...

And I Damn well hear ya on the getting old!

West Tx at Heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.