Sunday, October 20, 2013

Woody Woodpecker For Sunday...!

I don't remember the last time we had Woody on for Sunday 'toons, so it seemed that today was as good a time as any.

Ol' Woody is another one of those 'toons that's been around for a very long time. Guess he was more popular in the old days than he is today. The character is still better drawn than a lot of the computer generated characters, if you ask me, but that's just my opinion!



One thing about a lot of the cartoons made during the per-war and wartime years, is how much the government used them as propaganda sources. In fact, many of the 'toons making fun of the Germans and Japanese are still banned today! What's up with that?



Maybe it's just me, but Woody isn't as funny as some of the others. Guess I'm just getting older and harder to please! Oh well...time marches on!

Coffee out on the patio this morning. Supposed to be sunny and nice, so that's a good thing!

5 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Woody was always a favorite growing up.
Sadly, Hollywood slams everything good about America now. Oh, well at least we still have the internet too take a peek into our past. At least for now anyway.
43 here. I'll bring some pumpkin flavored donuts!

Rob said...

"Banned" cartoons? I'd never heard of that.... Is that part of the 'politically correct' movement?

JO said...

Woody never was one of my favorites don't know why. But I like the Roadrunner and Willy, Bugs of course and Daffy.

Coffee on the patio sounds great. Spending lots of time on my porch in my rocker these days.

Mamahen said...

Patio sounds nice 36 here tbis a.m. a little to cool for me! I dont know got a couple of good laughs from woody, thinking he's still better than most of the crap these days... Hope everyone has a good Sunday n thanks for the invite :))

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
Let's hope that the PTB just leave the 'net alone!

Thanks for coming by today!



Hey Rob...
Heck, they even banned some Betty Boop, Bugs Bunny, and some others made back in the 40s. Some you can still find on YouTube, though.

Thanks for the visit today!



Hey Jo...
Yep, I think those are the favorites of almost everyone.

Thanks, sweetie, for dropping in today!



Hey Mamahen...
It was right at 50 on the patio this morning. NICE!

Thanks for coming by this morning!