Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Strange Medical Condition...!

Sadly, there are many illnesses and medical conditions around that we don't fully understand. This article from Listverse is about one of the strangest conditions of all.

Haemolacria



Maybe one of the strangest conditions in medicine, haemolacria is better known as crying blood. In 2009, a teenager named Calvino Inman randomly began weeping blood one day. Reasonably thinking he was dying, Inman was rushed to the hospital and had a CT scan, MRI, and ultrasound. None of these revealed any abnormalities. Today, researchers are still puzzled as to why Calvino keeps bleeding from his eyes.

Another sufferer, Michael Spann, felt a violent pain in his head and suddenly began bleeding from his eyes, nose, and mouth. Ever since then, he has wept blood at least once or twice a week. Spann’s life has been badly impacted: “Any job I get, I lose, because my eyes start bleeding and they can’t keep me on.” Oddly, both Spann and Inman are from Tennessee.

A 2004 study looked at four children with haemolacria, all of whom eventually recovered without any medical treatment. It is unclear what caused Spann and Inman to develop the condition, but Spann at least appears to be recovering—he used to weep blood up to three times a day.

See what I mean? Unknown medical conditions that we will probably never understand fully!

Coffee in the kitchen this morning...raining again.

11 comments:

HermitJim said...


Gorges Smythe said...

That IS strange!

Sixbears said...

I've bled from my eyes from sinus damage after a chemical fire. It would happen on and off for a number of years. Used to freak the heck out of people. Eventually healed. Not the same condition, of course.

Momlady said...

A mystery indeed. BTW, she finally kicked him out.

linda m said...

That is just too weird. Looks like our 3 solid days of rain might be over for a now.

Mamahen said...

That would be freaky! We have had temps in the low 90's for the past several days, and are expected to be the same today, but cooler temps and storms are predicted by the end of the week. I'll bring some Oreos with me this morning. I know you like them:))

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
That it is, sir...that it is!
Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey Sixbears...
Had to be a pain to deal with. I'm glad you finally got better.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Well, good for her. Hope things start going better for her now.
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Linda...
I reckon you are about ready for sunshine, right?
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Mamahen...
I do like those Oreos!
Thanks for coming over today!


JO said...

Very strange indeed and how awful for them, hope it clears up for both men soon.

I'm ready for some coffee with you y'all sunny here have windows and doors open for a little while this morning

Dizzy-Dick said...

Yep, if I looked into the mirror and say blood coming out of my eyes, it would be a real shock, to say the least.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Woo - strange indeed! Great temps the last few days huh, Bubba -

And Hallelujah and Amen, Momlady!

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
We can only hope for the best for them I guess.
Thanks, dear, for dropping by today!


Hey Dizzy...
At our age, that could be very bad!
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Sis...
I am really liking this cooler weather...for real!
I appreciate the visit today, Sis!