Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Forever Tree...!

Actually, that's not the name of this tree, but is just my take on it. The tree itself is nothing short of a modern miracle, and is as baffling to scientist as to how it can still exist.

The Indestructible Tree



Photo credit: onlinetrees.com.au

Most people have heard of the Gingko biloba. Popular as the source of a medicinal supplement, this unique species of tree was likely around when the dinosaurs lived.

The most wondrous story about the Gingko biloba, however, starts unexpectedly with the Hiroshima bomb. The Shukkeien Garden in Japan, which was approximately 1,370 meters (4,500 ft) from the atomic blast, had a ginkgo tree. After almost everything in the area was entirely destroyed, the ginkgo tree grew new branches and thrived once again.

To this day, no one really knows how this was possible, but it shows that gingko trees have fantastic abilities to rise from the ashes. Since then, seeds have been collected from the survivor trees and distributed around the world.[9] As these second-generation nuclear trees grow, they are symbols of hope to all those affected by the shocking events of 1945.

If I were to take any health supplement, then I would want to take something from this tree. Seems to be pretty sturdy to me!

Coffee inside again this morning, due to more rain.

7 comments:

Mamahen said...

That is amazing!

linda m said...

I had no idea this tree survived the bombing of Hiroshima. I agree with you, maybe I should take Gingko biloba as supplement. Very cool morning here, only 50 degrees.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
I guess that tree was just meant to be there.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Linda...
Maybe it would do us some good, ya reckon?
Thanks for coming over this morning!

Momlady said...

Put me on the list to getting Gingko supplement and would love some seeds.

JO said...

Amazing tree. I tried taking that for my bones but it didn't work for me, but others have said it was great.

When having coffee with friends it doesn't matter where ;)

Dizzy-Dick said...

Know about the product but didn't know its history. Thanks for the info.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

And gingko trees have lovely leaves - even jewelry is made from them.