Friday, October 31, 2008

I Think I May Have Lost It Again...

It seems to me that I lose more and more stuff now days than I used to. I really don't know why, but I do. If things are not really lost but merely misplaced, then I guess I will find them again if I am meant to!

Do you by any chance remember the names of some of the games we used to play at parties? I'm talking about the games we played before the booze games or those including sex. You know, games like "Spin The Bottle", "Post Office", and "Secret"...I think some actually called that game "Gossip" as well. Good harmless fun, and if memory serves, they were good for a lot of laughs as well.

Another thing I remember, especially for this time of year, was "Bobbing For Apples". Ever done that? Maybe you've played the cousin of bobbing where the apple is hung from a string and then one at a time, the participants try and take a bite from the apple without using the hands. Watching that one was always good for a chuckle or two...

I guess that thinking back on these games and the fun we had back then keeps us from thinking too much about the upcoming events, like TEOTWAWKI (End Of The World As We Know It) and WTSHTF (When The S**t Hits The Fan) ! I have a feeling that it won't be nearly as much fun to watch these events and the games that come from them are not going to be put into a category of party games.

By then parties will probably be a thing of the past as well, except for things like hunting parties, raiding parties and the like. Makes you wonder what kind of warm memories our grand kids will be sitting around discussing many years from now, doesn't it?

The only comfort I get from these thoughts is the knowledge that I will probably be gone when that time comes, having moved on to the next Grand Adventure!

But until those times come, I think we should enjoy some fresh coffee on the patio...and revel in the slightly cooler weather we are having. Want to join me...?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bubba,
Everybody seemed to enjoy the kitty video yesterday. I just watched it this a.m. Yesterday was
a very early day for me because I had surgery on my hand. Today my hand is so swollen that the bandages are too tight. Buddy has tried to help me all night but, just between me and you, it has not endeared him to me any.
I hope you are feeling better. What is the latest on the truck? Is it running? I think maybe you need to come visit me...bring the roomies! Love ya!

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...sorry to hear about the hand. Hope it gets better soon as I know it must be uncomfortable. Sorry to hear that Buddy isn't working out for ya...he's probabl;y doing the best he can.

The truck is still running, but I still need to put it in the shop soon. Maybe I'll get up there one of these days, who knows?

Thanks for dropping by!

blondie said...

Morning Jim,
Hope you're feeling better.

I guess Our new game is "where did I leave that?" or "where did I see that last?"
Not a kids game anymore, lol

You have a good day and Happy Halloween!
blondie :))

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...you are certainly right about that! I start out looking for something and suddenly I realize that I can't remember what it was that I was searching for. Gotta put that on my list of things to try and improve...if I can find it!

Happy Halloween, my Girl!

Lydia said...

Hi Jim, Miss forgetful here also! (the kids think it's really funny too, until I forget something which concerns them)

My daughter and her friends will be bobbing for apples in a short while. We had apple picking season recently so the farms are selling tons of apples of all sorts. We do it slightly different though. We have a big bucket with water and the apples go in the water. The kids try to get them out using only their mouth/teeth. It gets really funny.

They do this once trick or treating is over.

have a good night!
lydia

HermitJim said...

Hey Lydia...glad to see someone keeping the older traditions alive. Bobbing for apples is always as much fun to watch as it is to play. hope your kids enjoy it...

I appreciate you dropping by and hope you have a safe Halloween...