Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Take A Bit Of Time...

I would like you to take a good look at this picture...or pictures, I should say!

What do you see? What you are looking at is the perfect example of nature's creatures in the simple act of getting along.

The fact that there is such a disparage in size doesn't matter! The fact that the horses are grown, while the fawn is newborn doesn't matter! The fact that the horses are happy with grass and the fawn would rather have some Mother's milk doesn't matter! What matters is that in this pasture...on this Texas morning...two totally different, yet somehow kin animals are sharing the same space.

What you cannot see is the fact that the horses are moving very slowly so as not to scare the newborn fawn. The horses are stepping very lightly, almost dragging their feet...so that they don't accidentally step on the newborn fawn.

The fawn is not afraid, but rather reassured by the silent strength and slow and gentle movements of the larger animal. The fawn's instincts are not telling it to lie down and hide. It doesn't feel the need to tremble at the obvious difference of size between itself and it's companions. It's inner voice is telling it not to fear, not to worry, and that it is NOT alone.

Soon the mother doe will return and be reunited with the fawn. Soon the horses will gracefully and proudly move in their regular manner across the pasture. Soon both species will move on into the beauty of this particular pasture, on this particular Texas morning...unaware that they have forever made an impression on anyone lucky enough to have witnessed such a marvelous sight!

Then again, that's what nature does best on a daily basis. She puts forth the beauty and the wonder and the sights and the sounds...all for us and all for free! There to simply be enjoyed by anyone that takes the time to see and hear and watch!

Take the time to look today. Take the time to notice what wonderful things are around us. Take the time to truly listen to the sound of the morning as nature intended it to be.

When you have done these things, when you are aware of what's really around you...take the time to simply say "Thank you for this day..."!

Now how about some fresh coffee, my friend?
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

TEAM HALL said...

Amen Jim....Amen!

Anonymous said...

That is waaaay cool Jim.
YeOldFurt

Lydia said...

That's beautiful Jim!
lydia

Anonymous said...

Did you see the moon this morning? Peeping in and out from the dark clouds, and then WHAM! huge and full and glorious when the clouds skittled totally out of the way. Truly an awe inspiring sight - and a natural lantern for the darkness. WOW! Guess going to work at 6 am does have its' advantages sometimes!

Big hugs -

Megan said...

Wow, where did you get this? Did you take it?

Phelan said...

Wonderful

Noki said...

AAAaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jim, How very peaceful and beautiful too. I was just sitting hear listening to the doves and drinking coffee. Have a great day Jim.
JoJo

HermitJim said...

Hey Cath...nice to see you this morning. Glad you liked the post...


Hey Furt...guess with horses of your own, you can really appreciate this, huh?

Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Lydia...my smiling friend! Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by!


Hey Sis...I saw it. Beautiful and very, very bright! Never a way to capture that lind of picture, huh?

Thanks for the visit...


Hey Diva...I didn't take it, I'm afraid. It was sent to me by a friend.I wish that I had been there to see it first hand, though...

Hey, thanks for coming by!


Hey Phelan...sure am glad you liked the picture and the post.

Thank you for stopping in today!


Hey Ashley...you like that, huh? It's hard NOT to!

Thanks for the visit.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...you have certainly got the right idea, my friend...I'll have to get a refill and come sit with ya!

I certainly appreciate you coming over this morning...

You have a good day as well, my friend!

Catman said...

Too bad most people seem incapable of learning the simplest of lessons provided by the most gentle of creatures. Scenes like this let me know that there is a "higher power", no matter how one chooses to name It, Her, or Him.

HermitJim said...

Hey Carman...couldn't agree with you more! How can you look on a scene like this and NOT believe in a higher power?

Hey, thanks for the visit, my friend! I appreciate it!

scoutinlife said...

Thank you for reminding us with such a beautiful picture Jim to be thankfull!

Anonymous said...

Good old horse sense goes a long way. Thanbks for sharing.

HermitJim said...

Hey Scout...my pleasure, friend. Always good to have you drop by!


Hey Tony...a little horse sense would be nice with some of our "leaders" in the government, don't you you think?

Hey, I appreciaste you coming by today!

Thomas Miller said...

Following up on your last comment reply, Jim, I was reading this enjoying the serene scene, almost like being there with you.

But then I'm also thinking..."there must be some political analogy in here somewhere"!

Anonymous said...

amazing, I love how beautiful life can be sometimes :)

Grandpa Eddie said...

Hey, Jim.
I was here earlier and forgot to leave a comment.

My wife had sent me a link to a video about this woman in California who has opened her home to unwanted pets, both cats and dogs...more cats, though.
They all live together and get along beautifully.
Go here House of Cats to see it.
Or here petplace.com/cat-videos.aspx if the first one doesn't come thru.

HermitJim said...

Hey RV...good to see ya. This is the kind of scene I ould like to see from the rocker on my front porch some day!

I'm sure that there is some political analogy hidden there, but why spoil a good picture by using it to point out the obvious?

Thanks for coming by, my friend!


Hey Kookster...and it doesn't cost us a dime to enjoy...pretty cool, huh?

Thanks for the visit, friend!

HermitJim said...

Hey Eddie...thanks for the links. I'll go over and check it out now...

Wer could learn so much from following the lead of nature, if only we would.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Cool beans there, Uncle; Ain't botherin' me? Tread light and move on, both of us, I say...