Monday, December 21, 2009

A Few More Calories...!


I know that the hardest thing to come by this time of year, besides money, is TIME!

Anything that we can find to save a little bit of time is a good thing! In keeping with that search, I have a couple of really good recipes that are not only delicious, but are really fast to make!

I had the chance to taste both of these dishes this last weekend, and they are outstanding! Trust me on this...!

One cookie and one cake! Add hot chocolate or fresh coffee...and you are good to go!

First, here is a really good pound cake! Cake mix and eggnog...how easy is that?

Eggnog Pound Cake

Ingredients:

* 1 box yellow cake mix
* 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
* 3/4 cup canned egg nog
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* Powdered Sugar

Preparation:
Combine first 4 ingredients; mix on low speed in mixer until moistened. Add eggs and nutmeg. Beat for 4 minutes on high speed. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan or tube pan. Bake at 350 F. for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with powdered sugar icing.


Next is perhaps the quickest cookie recipe I've found lately. It's really good...but how could it be anything else with chocolate and peanut butter?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients:

* 1 package devils food cake mix
* 1 cup peanut butter
* 1/3 cup water
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup peanut butter chips

Preparation:
Grease cookie sheets and fire up oven to 350 degrees. Stir all ingredients together, then place 2 inches apart on sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes.


I think you'll like these recipes! I did, and I know it could save you some time, for sure!

Now, let's get some fresh coffee and sit outside for a bit. Oh, pass the cookie plate, OK?

8 comments:

Felinae said...

Aww heck, what's a few more calories? it is the season after all. :D

Thanks for the recipes, Uncle Hermit, they sound amazing and I am definitely keeping them for future use.

Have a great day!

Hugs~Felinae~

HermitJim said...

Hey Felinae...
I figure that this late in the game, a few more aren't going to hurt, ya know?

Hope the recipes work out to give you some extra time!

Thanks for coming by today!

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special Freind, These sound soooooooo good I will try them. Of course we all now how bad I am at baking but heck I'll try anything once or twice.
Thank You for these wonderful treats.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
Just gotta keep practising, ya know? You might just get better and better!

Besides, at least you can eat he mistakes...

Hey, sweetie, thanks for coming by!

Marie said...

I think that the chocolate peanut butter cookies with some hot chocolate would be a hit at our house! Talk about easy, and definitely a timesaver..thanks very much!

HermitJim said...

Hey Mar4ie...
Seems pretty easy to me! I like easy...!

The hot chocolate is like coffee...goes with about everything!

Hey, I sure appreciate you coming by today!

Catman said...

I'm fat enough already.

HermitJim said...

Hey Catman...
I hear ya on the being fat! Still, some of these things I just can't resist!

Thanks for coming by today!