Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fast, Easy, And Practical...!


By now, I know your tired of recipes, tired of left-overs, and maybe tired of food in general!

However, that still doesn't alter the fact that most of us still have a lot of left-overs to use...a LOT of left-overs!

If you are like me, you might have had black-eyed peas for the New Year.More than likely you still have some left. Well, this last recipe is just one simple way to use some of those left-over peas to make a quick and handy dip.

I know, I know...another dip! But here's the thing about this dip. It not only uses the left-overs, but it can serve as an alternative to having a full meal. Just add a few chips or crackers, and you have a filling snack without getting stuffed, you know?

Just try this for something a bit different!

□ 3 cans black eyed peas, drained
□ 3 c. chopped onion
□ 1/2 c. chopped jalapenos
□ 1/2 c. chopped green pepper

Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or anything else you might want to use!

Now I used 2 cups of fresh peas, not canned, and dehydrated onions. I also used 1/2 cup of home made picante sauce instead of the other peppers...but that's just me! Use whatever you want for the hotness you want!

Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit in the kitchen for a bit. Supposed to be cold again today...!

8 comments:

vlad said...

If you are tired of food don't eat again until Tuesday.
It'll look a lot tastier then.

Momlady said...

It's cold here so the coffee is especially good. Didn't have black-eyed peas or collard greens or any of that. Besides, collard greens smell awful when they're cooking.
Stay warm.

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One,
Have any of that dip left? I can bring some wheat crakers. :) Coffee around the table sounds good to me. Another cold cloudy day ahead, brings snuggling around the kithcen to mind. You might even be able to teach me how to cook bake something.lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim;
You read my mind? Had black eyed peas dip last night. Love it.

See Ya

HermitJim said...

Hey Vlad...
It may be about that long for me! After this last weekend, I think I may have to go on a diet!

Then again...maybe not!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Momlady...
Don't worry! I'll eat your portion of the greens...although for New Years, I like fried cabbage!

I sure do thank you for coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
I can always make up some more dip, so bring on the crackers!

Snuggling in the kitchen is a good thing!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by!


Hey Tony...
Well, you know what they say about great minds thinking alike, right?

It's pretty good stuff, for sure!

Thanks for the visit, buddy!

Catman said...

Sounds good. I'd add some toasted corn. Grab a can (drained and rinsed) or bag of frozen corn, throw it in a cast iron pan, toast until lightly browned / blackened. Maybe add some sour cream....

HermitJim said...

Hey Catman...
Never had toasted corn before! I'm gonna have to try it! Sounds like my kind of dish!

Hey, thanks for coming by, buddy!

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Thanks for the goodness HJ...but I have to tell ya, being the perve I am the title had me giggling for a bit.

Pass some of that coffee man...I'm freezing my tailend off!