Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some Good Suggestions For 2010...!


My baby Sis sent me these suggestions and they make such good sense...I wanted to share them!

I know, I know...it's not fair to post something from someone else, but all of these make your life just that much better, ya know? Why not try and use as many of these as you can each and every day?

Health:

1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants...
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:

11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need...
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...

Society:
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will.. Stay in touch.

Life:
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come...
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.


Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit in the kitchen...Oh, and bring your smile, OK?

19 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

There's some pretty good suggestions there Jim. Some I could really use. However I'm hoping #9 means "at least" 7 hours.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Great advise that more people should listen to! Especially the health part I think.
Have a great day now!
Christer.

HermitJim said...

Hey Hermit...
I'm with you on the "at least" part! I think e all should pay more attention to some of these!

Hey, thanks for the visit!


Hey Christer...
Paying attention to our health is of the most importance these days.

Thanks for coming by today, buddy!

murphyfish said...

Hello Hermit, and a belated Happy New Year to you And to yours,
Great list, hope you don’t mind but I’ve copied it and put a print out where I can see it every time I’m on the keyboard,
Best regards,
John

Rae said...

Excellent advice. Sorry I have been slow in getting around to comment. I am still feeling the effects of being sick and it has been almost 3 weeks since it started. Happy New Year - a little belated.

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Those are some fabulous suggestions! The world would be a better place if we all practiced them!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for typing that out. Think positive and maintain a cheerful outlook. Go out of your way to help out whenever you have a chance. Kindness does not cost a thing, and you just might have made a big difference in those you come in contact with - how cool is that!

Momlady said...

Some good advice there, Mr. Hermit, sir. I'll add one more. Give more hugs, whether to relatives or friends. A warm hug warms the soul....I send one to you. Thank you for the coffee. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Give big (HUG) to your baby Sis on my behalf and thanks for sharing this with us.

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One, thank baby sis for these great tips. It would be nice if more people tried them.
Big hugs to all and especialy you my special one.
I'll bring some fresh ground coffee to the table, are there any of those great treats you bake? Starting to get that sweets with drawal :)

Anonymous said...

Morning Mr Hermit.
Good list, but to long.
Mine: Live fast, love hard, die young.

Jack Daniels, cigs, good steaks,good women, make me happy.

All kidding a side it's a great list, and we would have a better world if more of us used it. Except me.

See Ya

HermitJim said...

Hey John...
That's a good idea! Keeping it close as a reminder is one way to keep it on your mind!

Good to see you again...and I do thank you for coming by!


Hey Rae...
I do hope you are getting better! I hate getting sick and hate it even more when some of my friends get sick ...especially in the Winter!

You take care, my friend, and I thank you for coming by today!


Hey Gen...
Ain't that the truth? Man, the weather up there is pretty bad, huh? I keep a watch on the weather report and see daily that all my friends up north are really getting it this year! Makes my little 40 degrees here seem pretty mild by comparison...

Thanks so much for coming by!


Hey Anon7:11...
Right you are! Sometimes all it takes is a smile to brighten someones day and maybe give them the inner strength to go on!

Of all the things we could share, a smile is probably one of the most effective!

Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Momlady...
Always a good idea to share a hug with someone! I can never get enough myself!

I hope you are all staying warm there...I'm trying here, but it's 32 this morning! I'm getting to where I don't want to get out of bed!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Rekhaa...
I'm sure she will appreciate that! And hugs are always appreciated, that's for sure...just as sharing is!

You have a good day...and thanks for dropping by!


Hey JoJo...
Thanks for the hugs, sweetie! I'm thinking it would be a great time to make some fresh Cinnamon rolls! Nothing beats the smell of something baking in the oven!

I sure appreciate you coming by, sweetie, nd thanks also for bring some extra hugs over!


Hey Tony...
I think your basic list would work for me as well! Any or all of it certainly couldn't hurt, that's for sure!

Hey, pour me a shot for my coffee...and thanks for coming by today, buddy!

dress up said...

some great advice there!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Sounds like some Sage Advice there, uncle! I like #3 in the first run-- nice play on words!

Have a great day, Hermit!

C.

HermitJim said...

Hey Dress up...
Glad you like it! Always a good thing to get a positive reaction from my readers in Blogsville!

I sure do thank you for coming by today!


Hey Cygnus...
Thought you had forgotten the old Hermit in Houston! Just having way too much fun at the new place, huh?

Man, I love that waterfall area you had in the video...I could handle that!

Supposed to get in the 20's here in the next couple of days...and stay that way for a couple .

Too cold for me...guess I'll have to get some "anti-freeze"!

Glad you are happy, brother, and glad you came by!

Mayberry said...

My suggestions for 2010: guns, ammo, stored food, paid for land.... Damn! Same as last year...

HermitJim said...

Hey Mayberry...
Funny how that works, isn't it? i don't guess that it will change until we get our dreams realized!

Right now, I'm taking one step forward and two steps back!

Hey, I appreciate you coming by today, buddy!

chinasyndrome said...

Baby sis smart girl! Maybe we ougta combine her an mayberrys advice we be good to go!

HermitJim said...

Hey China...
That's not a bad idea, and well worth considering!

Might be a good idea...!

Thanks so much for coming by!