Sunday, January 31, 2010

We Should All Remember...!


I'm feeling very old lately! Older than usual.

I guess that's normal for a man my age...but then I never did like being normal!

I have been remembering the "old days" a lot lately. Guess that happens to us all from time to time!

In keeping with the old man thoughts...I want to share a couple of songs from the old days, if you don't mind! You know, back in those long ago days, they even had songs about my favorite beverage! In fact, there was even a dance called "Perco9lator Twist", if you can believe that! Remember?



This next song may be before the time of a lot of you...but the sentiment is still as important as it ever was! Maybe it's a song we should introduce all over again! Remember?



Finally, this one is from a long time ago...but I feel that we should keep it's melody forever close, forever fresh in our hearts! Remember?



Just some thoughts for this Sunday. Please...don't forget to thank a soldier for all the freedoms we enjoy today and every day! Will you remember?

C'mon, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit in the kitchen for a bit, OK?

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special Friend, I don't remember these songs, but I should remember the first one at least. But I do have the small Farberware coffee pot. Found it in my aunts house when we emptied it out.
The tunes are catchy. Coffee in the kitchen sounds wonderful.
As for feeling old baby you aren't getting older only better. Now theres an old one for you. I think we are feeling old because the weather hasn't been very nice lately.

Heres a nice big HUG

Unknown said...

Let me start by thanking a soldier. Thank YOU,Bubba. You served our country and I am proud of you.
I remember hearing the second song although it was WAY before our time. Maybe we should change the words to something like, "Can't afford to listen to politicians".
I am going to start my second pot of coffee and wait for you and all of your (my) friends to come by.
Love you.

Momlady said...

I remember one of the songs. I agree with Jojo about feeling old because of the weather. Woke up to see the sun shining through the snow and ice on trees and the temperature in the teens. At least the sun is out. Hot coffee will hit the spot.
Have a warm cozy day.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
I guess the weather has a lot to do with it! I know several other people that have the "winter blahs" as well.

Time to read a good book, I reckon!

Hang onto that old coffee pot, as it could be worth something someday!

Thanks, Sweetie, for coming by!


Hey Sis...
Already on the second pot? Well, at least I know it's fresh, right?

Remember all those old records that Mom and Dad had by the record player at home...? Those were some great songs, and I guess that's where we got our love of music from!

Thnaks for coming by today, Sis!


Hey Momlady...
Hey, if you have some sun...then that's certainly a good sign! I guess the cold weather just makes it easier to go aboard ship for the cruise, huh?

Not that you would need a reason...

I'm ready for Spring, for sure!

Hey, thanks for coming by, my friend!

Ken said...

...yep,hits the nerve about why this Country's in the shape it's in...everyone has forgotten to Praise The Lord(and pass the ammunition)...

...If God be for Us,how can anyone stand against Us...say a Prayer for Our soldiers in harms way...

thanx Jim,GodBlessYa...

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...
Always a pleasure to see you, my Brother!

Some of the older songs have a sentiment that we should listen to in this age, I'm thinking!

Hey, thanks for the visit this morning!

Gwen said...

Hi Hermit Jim. I wish I could watch video but the internet keepers around here won't let us.

My brother turned 65 a few days ago and I reminded him that when the baby (me) of the family turns 50 (I did), everybody better be crossing their Ts and dotting their Is. He knew I was kidding... and I was... but it sure does make me think. I'm not exactly sad about getting older, it's just mind boggling trying to figure out where the time has gone.

Oh, and thanks to you for serving our country. Take care, my friend!

HermitJim said...

Hey Ginger...
Nothing wrong with getting older...it sure beats the alternative!

I think that 5 is a very good age! Turned that age last November.

Thanks, girl, for coming by!