Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Does DinnerTaste Like Plastic...?


If it does, this may be the reason.

I found this story in the Houston Chronicle that confirms what we all have thought of for a really long time! This is just another reason to raise your own food and grow your own garden!

What I want to know is, where the hell are all these highly paid, "nose in your business" government inspectors? Where ever they were, they were not doing a very good job of inspecting, I'd say!

This story from the Houston Chronicle says it all better than I could...!

45 tons of chicken nuggets recalled
Associated Press
July 20, 2010, 9:14AM

PERRY, Ga. — Perdue Farms Inc. is recalling thousands of pounds of frozen chicken nugget products officials say could contain foreign materials.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Monday that the products include 1-pound, 13-ounce bags of "GREAT VALUE Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets."

Officials are recalling approximately 91,872 pounds of the nuggets after the Perry-based company discovered small pieces of blue plastic following consumer complaints.

Agriculture authorities have not gotten any reports of injuries.

Each bag bears the establishment number P-33944 as well as a case code of 89008 A0160.

It's a damned shame that the food we buy with the intention of feeding our family turns out to be contaminated because of sloppy practices in the factory! It's about time that some of these jerks be made to answer for crap like this!

Well,I'm gonna stop before I get into a full blown rant this morning!

Let's get some coffee and sit outside for a bit,OK? I promise I'll calm down in a little while!

11 comments:

2 Tramps said...

Don't blow a gasket, dear H.J. - not at all good for you. Yes, you are right - grow more at home, cook more from scratch. Definitely better for your health and your wallet. Not to mention the passing down of nourishing traditions, knowledge and simply good food shared with family and friends.

Catman said...

Chicken nuggets are foreign material. Someone has got to tell the Mexicans, "No tire el cubo azul en el deposito".

HermitJim said...

Hey 2Tramps...
Can't help but get a little oissed when these companies manage to put some garbage on the market!

Guess that if folks continue to buy trash, them trash will always make a profit!

Hey, thanks so much for coming over today!


Hey Catman...
Some body needs to tell someone, that's for sure!

Never know what you are eating now days!

thanks for coming by today, buddy!

Momlady said...

Think I'll stick to non-frozen foods. I don't buy Perdue products anyway. They feed the chickens too much weird stuff.

Ben in Texas said...

You SURE those Chicken pieces came from a good ole USA producer? I've gotten anal about checking that my food comes from the US ..

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I can understand that this happens if it an accident that places the plastic in the food. Disgusting yes, but that happens.

But over here someone deliberately put pieces of glass in chicken a year ago, that I just can´t understand and I despice people like that. They never cought that person unfortunally.

Have a great day now!
Christer.

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One
Calm down sweetie its not worth getting upset. We just need to know what products not to buy. Although these days they all seem to not care until a consumer finds the nasties.
Coffee on the patio sound good this morning.

HermitJim said...

Hey Momlady...
Probably a good idea, not buying frozen foods!

Seems like every time we turn around, something is being recalled because of some nasties!

You have a great day now and thank for coming by today!


Hey Ben...
I don't know where the chickn came from, but I'm with ya on buying as much food from the U.S. as possible...and growing what I can!

Hey, buddy, thanks for coming by today!


Hey Christer...
seems like there is always a bad guy wanting to poison, destroy, or deliberately contaminate the food or medicine! Just some really sick folks, I guess!

Seems like the world is getting a little worse everyday!

Thanks for coming by today!

Kyddryn said...

Oh, yuck, Mister Hermit, sir!

Hey, did you know that there are USDA allowable limits of rat feces, insect parts, and other lovely "secret ingredients" in manufactured food products? I try not to think about it too much, because the fact that there's an allowable limit tells me that it's fairly common for those things to show up. Bleh!!

Meanwhile, I do not purchase Purdue products - first, because the man looked an awful lot like the critters he was selling (creepy!), and second because I raised chickens when I was younger, and I know what well fed, healthy chicken flesh looks like...and it ain't yelller!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Mechanic in Illinois said...

We need justice like in China. They had that milk scare where some people died and they shot some of the company big whigs and sent some others to prison for life. We sure could use justice like that around here. Thanks for another great lesson.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
I guess the days of doing the right thing just because it's right are gone! Pretty sad!

You're right about not worth etting mad over, cause it ure won't change anything. By now we all know tht the government doesn't really care bout the health of the common man.

I appreciate you coming by today, sweetie!


Hey K...
I didn't know about the acceptable levels of crap in the food! Probably a good thing I didn't know!

I'm getting way too old for this stuff! Blood pressure can't stay up with it!

I appreciate the visit, lady! You take care now!


Hey Mechanic...
Seems like the word "justice" is getting to be just that...a word!

Too much "justice" can be bought if the money is right!

Thanks for coming by today!